Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-02-2002, 07:26 AM   #81
VFRose
Founding Member

Default Re: John Burns, welcome to Motorcycle Online!

Ironic, as I just subscribed to Motorcyclist, and a prime motivator was John Burns! Well, that's fine, I subscribe here now too, and I enthusiastically applaud his move to MO. The time has come for a truly quality online magazine, and MO is making it happen. As I think anyone can see in all these many comments, MO has lots of support--keep going!

Where do I renew MO for the next 3 years?!?!?

Mark Rose

Holloman AFB, NM

94' VFR750

Mark Rose
Holloman AFB, NM

94\' VFR750
VFRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2002, 07:30 AM   #82
chuckdyer
Founding Member

Welcome John!

I enjoyed your articles in Motorcyclist. The only change I would make to the focus of the bike reviews is to remeber that the majority of motorcyclists ride the machines on the road in real world situations and not on the track. It is interesting to read about cutting edge bikes that are optimized for a particular purpose, but I prefer to read about the real world aspects of a bike and how these traits relate to the average rider on the road. Also, keeping with the same real world tone, I would like to see monthly articles focused on rider safety and riding tips.

Best of luck in making MO #1.

-Chuck
2000 KTM 200 EXC
<hr></hr>
RideSafer Motorcycle Safety Products
http://www.ridesafer.com
chuckdyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 07:41 AM   #83
Joshy
Founding Member

Mr. Burns venting on the HTML pages of MO? Indeed, this is a pleasant surprise! Your column was the only one I would actually read in Motorcyclist, so what am I to do now? My wife just approved the release of a $12 check to MO (so long as I let two other rags expire), but I'm torn...how pissed would the warden be if she caught me with her Titanium notebook Mac on the porcelain throne? There have been times when your commentary turned a twenty-minute war of man vs. last night's wine, cheese, and salami "dinner" into smooth-movin' skirmish. I guess I'll have to set my bio clock to the sleepy-bye end of her circadian rythm. We'll be readin' 'ya! ---JB---
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 08:10 AM   #84
glf5810
Founding Member

Good job on picking up Burns, looks like I'll be joining your list of subscribers.
glf5810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 08:44 AM   #85
sculptor666
Founding Member

Default Re: ride reports

rider magazine (us pub) has a great road trip in each issue, different state every time. seems like it would be an easy thing to coordinate online. somewhere there's an out of date speed trap registry too... always important to remember.

p.s. i'm in jersey.
sculptor666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 08:48 AM   #86
charlieV
Registered Member

Welcome to the REALtime world John, I subscribed to MO in January, now I'm extra glad I did. Checking the site is part of a DAILY routine. Motorcyclist just lost a big part of their draw.
Old 03-02-2002, 08:52 AM   #87
SF
Founding Member

John, welcome aboard. Am eagerly looking forward reading your articles - of course, not on the can, *although* that would give me an excuse to buy a laptop and wireless modem!

As others have said, Bitter Little Man was the first thing I turned to whenever I picked up a new copy of MC. Can't wait to see what strange and amusing tangents you'll go off on here, in addition to your more conventional review, though that word doesn't really belong in the same sentence with John's name.

As to MC, I have to admit enjoying reading Cook's and Norem's stuff, too. I thought that MC was the most real-world oriented of the major print rags, but now I no longer have a reason to buy it, when I can get info SO MUCH MORE QUICKLY at MO. I've been a subscriber for several months now and am loving it. It is SO much worth the $12. I sure hope you guys can make this web-based thing work out.

Incidentally, I had just test-ridden an '02 VRF and was planning on purchasing one, but NOW I'll wait for the FJR1300. Gee, how long is it going to take to see an article on the FJR in any of the print mags?!

SF
Old 03-02-2002, 10:34 AM   #88
firemage
Founding Member

I remember voting in a poll sometime in the mists of time past asserting that I would never pay for MO. Indeed, when content was withheld from the cheap I did flee from this corner of the web and turn to the overpriced but elegantly verbose British press to fill my hunger for two wheeled information.

But it seems it's now my time to eat words and clicks as the "Burns is here!" anouncement in my mailbox has somehow triggered a $50 subscription from me.

Here here! Burns seems to posses many of the things that MO was lacking, and I hope that this match turns out as well as it has every right too.

Burns: I hope you now get the space and opertunity to express yourself in the ways you've already proven resoundingly capible of.

MO: Listen guys. You're all quite good, trustworthy and reliable, but color and flavor are good.

I look forward to seeing what happens.

Reed.
firemage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 11:10 AM   #89
drandall
Founding Member

Wecome aboard, Burnsey.

Your change to M.O. may herald the time when 'zines truly compete with print-pubs; you've thrashed your way through print mo'sickle mags long enough to be a fixture.

At this time my only remaining print bike-mag subscription is with the best magazine in the world: Cycle Canada; read and learn. M.O. is the first e-mag I've subscribed to.

Have fun!
drandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 11:20 AM   #90
pplassm
Founding Member

Yeah, babay, get Super Hunky, and Hertfelder, and Pete Scilaagay (what the heck was his name?)!