Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-02-2002, 03:33 AM   #71
cdub
Registered Member

Default Re: John Burns, welcome to Motorcycle Online!

Welcome John, I've enjoyed your writing for years. I originally subscribed to MO because I couldn't wait for info on the CBR954RR, now with you on board I realize how good a decision it was! Keep up the great work!!

cdub is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2002, 04:05 AM   #72
Sport-Tourer
Founding Member

Great News! 'Glad to see you're here Mr. Burns. Hey, I just had an idea...since we're basking in the glow of MO's latest acquisition, there's only one thing I can think of (offhand) that would provide the (preverbial) "Icing on the Cake". Maybe MO could enlist the services of a Mr. Evans Brasfield (formerly of Sport-Rider) to contribute. 'Just a thought......those large (long, droning, fact filled) "comparo's" could become fun filled page turner's (mouse scrollers?). Pitting a couple of high octane sniffing, tire shredding, moto-comedians with the task of relating to us, (the squids, the humble crashers and everyone in-between), the differences/similarities of the latest moto-gadgetry produced. We're begging to be enlightened AND entertained. Someone tell a joke, please....
Sport-Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 04:30 AM   #73
PVJIM
Founding Member

Welcome aboard John....Count me as one of the many lurkers who have finally stepped up to the plate and paid for my subscription.....Feel a bit guilty about it but later is better than never!!!! With all this support maybe you should re-negotiate your contract!

PVJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 04:33 AM   #74
RonXX
Founding Member

My subscription to Motorcyclist expires in July. It will not be renewed until Mitch Boehm is no longer listed as a member of the staff. I think that the saturation of internet access will make MO the most popular motorcycle magazine in the future (but I'll still be reading Sport Rider too). It's interesting how the attitude of the editor in chief can make or break a magazine.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 04:37 AM   #75
dcopp
Founding Member

Welcome Burns. Hope that you have a section similar to The Bitter Little Man that was in the rag you just left. I still pick up and read the column that you wrote on our wonderful legal system every now and then, in the bathroom of course. You've sone some insiteful stuff, keep up the good work!
dcopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 05:01 AM   #76
gsxr750az
Founding Member

Great addition M.O.
gsxr750az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 05:09 AM   #77
ujm4ever
Registered Member

Congrat's MO on landing J.P. Burns. One of my top 5 moto-jounalist of all time. (Cook Neilson, Phil Schilling, Gordon Jennings round out the pack. Well make it 6 and throw Alan Girdler in). As long as JP is on you staff put me on automatic subscription renewal. Just bill the plastic.

ujm4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 05:55 AM   #78
eff4eyeguy
Founding Member

Welcome JB.

Now, would it be too much to hope for Rick Sieman to join MO?
eff4eyeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 05:59 AM   #79
Jeff_W
Founding Member

Default Re: Man, we are so lucky you aren't fat!

I didn't get the impression that Burns was insulting Boehm (though I'm sure he wants to). He just said that they had a horrible relationship using some rather creative scatalogical humor:

"The huge pustulous pimple that was my and Editor-in-Chief Boehm's relationship at Motorcyclist magazine finally spat me onto the bathroom mirror a couple of days ago. "

--

Jeff
Jeff_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 06:22 AM   #80
Hadji
Founding Member

Default Bring on the Bitters!

I like Caffrey's chilled, smooth and creamy. It looks like the money I donated to MO is money well spent. Now you might be able to teach the rest of us how to ride.

Welcome aboard and cheers mate!
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote