Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   John Burns, welcome to Motorcycle Online! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/1071-john-burns-welcome-motorcycle-online.html)

zrx_doug 03-01-2002 03:36 PM

Bitter Old Guys from "One-Bike-Per-Guy-Land"

Mr. Burns,

I just got my Motorcyclist and haven't read your latest Bitter column, but I do enjoy it. I always thought you to be a bit tweaked off of normal. Keep it up.

As to your new job, as a fellow old fart (43 and counting) I still hurt from stuff I did when I was 25, so they can all kiss my ass. Anyway, I think that I can safely say that most of us out here in "One-Bike-Per-Guy-Land" worship the ground you guys walk on and see you through the pasty green haze of borderline hatred envy. To put it simply, we would give "scrotum contents" for your job. Please respect it and we will continue to wich we had such a great deal.

I like your stuff, thanks for being at MO, good on ya' Minime....

jamesohoh7 03-01-2002 03:50 PM

Re: Burns Screen name

My suggestion earlier was 'Montgomery' or 'Monty' to go along with the character from 'The Simpsons'.. since he's also a bitter little man.

-James

zeppelin 03-01-2002 05:03 PM

Re: John Burns, welcome to Motorcycle Online!

Now that you've got to the 21th century,

I hope you get Kevin Cameron in to join the team of Motorcycle online

sincerely yours

patrick ottoy

europ

AstonMartin 03-01-2002 05:25 PM

I don't feel good about this...not a bit. This Burns character took MY job... Well...maybe later on I'm gonna get a chance too. I hope. Now, let me go and be alone with my great sadness.

...welcome here John.

minime 03-01-2002 05:43 PM

Mimi? Naw, it's "Mini" which is short for "Minime" as in short, small, stubby. Well, not short really, or small or even stubby. I swear.

Alohaterry 03-01-2002 06:14 PM

Okay... Okay you guys finally got me to cough up $11.94. Burns is a personal anti-hero of mine. If I have get like him I will shoot my self!.... and I will gladly pay the $11.94 to see the train wreck that will happen with him on your staff!

I look forward to reading online daily or so... what I have enjoyed only monthly up to now.
Aloha-Terry

raudis4 03-01-2002 06:33 PM

This is a great day for MO. Keep the amusing and informative buzz coming!!

TheFox 03-01-2002 07:15 PM

Re: Burns Screen name

Monty.

Nepenthe 03-01-2002 07:38 PM

I like that suggestion about offering much larger/higher quality (maybe uncompressed .bmps?) images for download.

DucButt 03-01-2002 07:56 PM

Re: Burns needs a MO-nickname!!

Monty gets my vote for Burnsie's screen name. Burns was the best thing to have happened to Motorcyclist. Now his departure is the worst to happen to them. Josh seems harmless, albeit as exciting as a moped. As far as Boehm, without Burns there I just won't be able to tolerate the pompous lardball. Do they really make leather suits that big?

MO just got my money today - but Burns was just the kicker - minime et al, you guys rock too. Thanks!