Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-01-2002, 11:44 AM   #31
Eric
Founding Member

Default Re: John Burns, welcome to Motorcycle Online!

Though Burns was quite favorable toward the XB9R in the first ride.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2002, 11:55 AM   #32
motodude1
Founding Member

Default YEAH JOHN! KICK ASS!

You rock dude...so glad to see you clear of that fat fascist blob of sh it Boehm. Let the Bitterness begin!

- JR
Old 03-01-2002, 12:03 PM   #33
DougM
Founding Member

Awesome dude! MO just got a lot better, and Motorcyclist just dropped a big notch on my bedpost. Guess I can cancel my subscription now. BTW, a laptop with a wireless network card works great on the can.... uh, so I've heard.
DougM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:16 PM   #34
banda
Founding Member

Welcome, John, welcome!

Your woderful arrival at MO suddenly makes the 12 bucks I already spent look like a sage move. Thanks!
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:49 PM   #35
danch
Founding Member

Huh? _that_ got ****'ed out?
danch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 01:08 PM   #36
pmmonster
Founding Member

Amen to that! Welcome aboard Monty. My only complaint is that just last week I broke down and subscribed to Motorcyclist. That will soon be corrected... been subscribed to MO for a few months now and I look forward to more and better articles. Hey, think of all the money to be saved in gas due to a shorter commute. Better yet, talk Brent into testing down around Palomar so you don't have to drive to the south bay. I hope this works for all of you... let me know if you need a guest tester

(currently unemployed in Costa Mesa)

pmmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 01:12 PM   #37
Hawkster
Founding Member

I haven't been so happy about an acquisition since the Lakers acquired Shaq! Now I don't have to wait a whole month to satisfy my addiction for JB wit. Of course, I'll still subscribe to Motorcyclist, but at least their loss doesn't have to be mine, too. (Thank God you didn't go to Cycle World!)

Welcome to the web, John!

Hawkster
Old 03-01-2002, 01:16 PM   #38
blalor
Founding Member

"you guys need a favorite ride/road archive"

Amen, brotha!

One of the things I really like about Bike (the UK mag I shell out 48 greenbacks a year for) is the really cool and detailed ride reports (and sometimes treasure hunts?) I see in there. I live in Phoenix, AZ and would love to see stuff like that near me...
blalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 01:38 PM   #39
intruderman
Founding Member

Burns was without doubt the most talented writer at Motorcyclist. I'm not going to cancel my subscription to Motorcyclist because it's still a hell of a lot better than Cycle World or Rider, but MO just became King of the Hill with this draft pick! I'm a Bitter Little Maniac! Pass the Paxil.
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 01:40 PM   #40
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Default John Burns, welcome to Motorcycle Online!

Wonderful! Truly, the happiest day in my recent motorcycling life, excepting only the day I bought my motorcycle. I hear the FJR is coming stateside, and JB is coming to MO. I can't believe my luck. Somedays I feel like the dogs balls (whatever that means).

At any rate, glad you're here Mr. Burns, I have never been offended by anything you've written, and think that people who are, are a little on the candy-a$$ side. You da man. Looking forward to hearing much of your interesting views on our world.

luvmyvfr

P.S. Minimie or Blip, Why don't you throw together something where you can take the last months articles and format them so you can download them as a .PDF file, and print them out to look like a Magazine? That should take care of the constipated readers. It shouldn't take that long to do. Also, like someone else said something about bigger pictures, that's a great idea. I'd like at least one very high res .tif file (or something better than a Jpeg) so if I really like a bike or pic you've posted, I can go to Kinkos and get it printed out poster sized to hang in my garage.

luvmyvfr
luvmyvfr is offline   Reply With Quote