Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-05-2002, 12:20 PM   #131
bigandblack
Founding Member

Default Re: John Burns, welcome to Motorcycle Online!

Since the only reason I have kept my subscription to Motorcyclist over the past few years is to read what the Bitter Little Man has to say, I guess I can let it run out now. I have subscribed to Motorcyclist for ten years, and this site for three. MO is easily two weeks ahead of everybody else in the business. Burns, you are hilarious and I look forward to reading extended ramblings from you, now that your pages are limitless. Keep those Triumph updates coming.
bigandblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2002, 02:06 PM   #132
delhomme
Founding Member

Nice coup! This will take MO to the level I had hoped for when I sub'd. Now if we could just get Trev from PB and Kent from Sportrider, we could rule the world!

delhomme

SF VFR
Old 03-05-2002, 08:43 PM   #133
uglyducking
Founding Member

John who? Never heard of him. Sounds Anglo-Saxon. Is he one of those cast-offs from Performance Bikes - couldn't light a ciggy while pulling a wheelie on the Blade so they let 'im go?

How come so many positive postings all of a sudden? I bet they're all getting a free subscription for all the good words so Johnny feels good on his first week.

What the 'ell, let's 'im give a chance.
uglyducking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 07:48 AM   #134
jo63sr
Founding Member

Hi John,

Lucky for me I just signed up today for your on line Info pages. Long time reader of your articles in the various mags, lately Motorcyclist magazine ( by the way your April article " Ashes to ashes, rust to bust " was hellarious. In fact, I tried contacting Motorcyclists Mag on the web to tell them how much I enjoyed it.....Forgetaboutit....!!

I'm now looking forward to dropping in on this site quite often and know I will get more than my monies worth, but then, who's counting?

I'll try not to wind-bag on too long....but...anxious to know about the FJR 1300.....I'll believe it when I see it. I'd love to see you do the test on it because I'm a shorty too.....5'8" 29" inseam....yalp!

Thanks John Burns ( That's Irish isn't it?! )

Good luck!!

Old 03-06-2002, 10:19 AM   #135
cdhjmatt
Founding Member

Let me join the queue of John Burns' well-wishers. After procrastinating for a couple of months now, the recent addition of Mr. Burns to the editorial staff at MO was just the incentive I needed to go ahead and subscribe. I'm glad he's decided to move to MO. Like many of the other posts here, I liked John's work at Motorcyclist--but couldn't stand the rest of the magazine (did anyone else get sick of Editor Boehm's political op-eds in a motorcycle magazine?).

Good luck and write on...
cdhjmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 12:09 PM   #136
motodude1
Founding Member

Default Mitchy's politics

Yeah, I sure the fvck did. He's a right-wing moron in the Rush Limburger school. John's feeling pretty good, about now....
Old 03-08-2002, 03:47 PM   #137
Leonardo
Founding Member

I simply cannot believe that my favorite motorcycle writer is now here in ciberspace....... Subscribing to MO was indeed a good idea! A word of caution...editors in chief have the tendency to write less and less and only cameo stories...let s not make this mistake here John.

Keep up the good work, stay on Prozac, ride a lot and write a lot!!!

Leonardo
Leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 05:28 PM   #138
GAGster
Founding Member

Well, I've decided to jump the Motorcyclist ship and ride the 'ol Burnsian wave into the future. I always enjoyed reading his articles and even read succint quotes to my wife. Looks like the ol' FJ1300 will be hard to beat-lots of hp, light weight, and great features like saddlebags, electric windshield, fuel injection, and shaft drive. The Kawasaki ZZr1200 has none of these and the FJ will only be about $1000 more. The Honda will be much more expensive. And the BMW R1150RT? Sorry beemerphiles but if the cost of admission doesn't break you, the required maintenance will (easily $2500-3000 in the first 36,000 miles). You have to do this just to keep the warranty. BMW should give free maintenance like on their cars. Anyway, I'm enjoying the articles and I'm glad I signed up. I would recommend it to anyone who likes to keep up on the motorcycling world. Long live King Burns! Who'd a thunk.
GAGster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 07:53 AM   #139
96sp
Founding Member

Default Re: John Burns, a real man

John O,

Welcome and best of luck to you. It is hard being a rebel in a nipple-upon-ass corporate environment. You can remove the "attach lips and suck like a baby" instruction tag from your job description and let those balls hang low. What is the deal with Teen magazine anyway? When I was a kid I rode in a dirt lot next to a power pole and then I would dream of.........

96sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 10:39 AM   #140
MaxAlien
Founding Member

Burnsie, you magnificent bastard! I just read about your move!
MaxAlien is offline   Reply With Quote