Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 11-13-2000, 12:17 PM   #31
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Did you know?

I am not concerned with what St. Thomas Aquinas thought. I am concerned with Jeremiah 1:5: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."

This is why a life is a life at the moment of conception. Our government was formed to secure our "inalienable" right to life that was given to us by God himself. But Before everybody starts bagging on the Evil Insensitive Eurocentric Genocidal White Christian Male, don't take it from me; read on:

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religion but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We shall not fight alone. God presides over the destinies of nations. The battle is not to the strong alone. Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, ALMIGHTY GOD! Give me liberty or give me death!" ------Patrick Henry of the Constitutional Convention

"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were.... the general principles of Christianity."------President John Quincy Adams

"Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers. And it is the duty as well as the privilege and interest, of a Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers." -------First Chief Justice of Supreme Court John Jay

"The Bible is the Rock on which this Republic rests."-------President Andrew Jackson

"The fundamental basis of this nation's law was given to Moses on the Mount. The fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teaching we get from Exodus and St. Matthew, from Isaiah and St. Paul. I don't think we emphasize that enough these days. If we don't have the proper fundamental moral background, we will finally end up with a totalitarian government which does not believe in the right for anybody except the state."

------President Harry S. Truman.

Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2000, 12:28 PM   #32
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

It will only lead to the deaths of more women that choose to have an illegal, immoral procedure performed on them. They could certainly choose otherwise. Just as they could have chosen not to get pregnant. It might be tough to raise a child, or give one away, but that doesn't give you license to kill them. That's just the consequences of poor decision-making.
Old 11-13-2000, 12:36 PM   #33
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Rounded up? Who's holding a gun to anyone's head to have an abortion?

You have yet to make any sense (or show any intellectual honesty) in this discussion.

As for the death penalty: in the Bible, God commands the ideal "an eye for an eye, a life for a life" for civil law. America was founded on this ideal of equal protection under the law. If you violate another's rights, you forfeit your own, up to and including your right to life.
Old 11-13-2000, 12:50 PM   #34
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Election 2000 Updates

Unfortunately, I was forced to vote for Bush, as he is infinitely better than Gore. He was nowhere near my first choice. I would love to see Howard Phillips elected. He proposes such radical ideas as respecting the constitutional limits on government. Of course, that means throwing out welfare, Medicare, Medicaid, phasing out Social Security, closing the Department of Education, and eliminating the IRS. But of course, Americans are too used to living off of each other for this to ever gain popular support.

The changes envisioned by Thomas Jefferson were such that new technology and societal conditions would warrant. None would involve the fundemental laws of morality the constitution invokes.

Speaking of separation of church and state, the Constitution merely says that "Congress" shall not establish a religion. It says nothing about what each individual state might choose to do. Moreover, nobody is "requiring" students to pray in school. Rather, students that choose to pray, or bring their bible (an excerpt from which hangs on the wall of the House of representatives--the ten commandments) are not being permitted to do so. There is no Constitutional mandate to deny them of this.

This would return to the larger issue of federal governemnt involvement in schools. The constitution provides ZERO authority to the federal government to provide or regulate the education of children. If this were abided by, each state (and the people therein) could decide for themselves what to teach their children.