Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-01-2002, 03:45 AM   #21
mattg
Founding Member

Default Burns You Rock!!!

If it is true that John Burns is now in board please allow him to continue with little editorial pieces similar to "bitter little man" just not sanitizied and politically correct as the powers that be seemed to be dictating to him. There is far more than enough P.C. in this world as it is, a little ranting and raving will do all of us a little good.

did I mention that I will have to cancel my subscription to motorcyclist. Now that my favorite writer is gone, what's the point?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2002, 03:51 AM   #22
Le_Racer
Founding Member

Default Left turn only

Salut!

I've been told: go straight, turn left, go straight again then another left and repeat.

I guess that we are a couple hundreds loonies(?) doing it on the ice at every Canada Cup events around here.

Even get paid when doing it quick enough...

http://content.communities.msn.ca/Le...hoto&PhotoID=9

Are we in if you go NASCAR?
Le_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 03:52 AM   #23
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

Default Re: Friday, March 1st at MO

Hmmm.. when I looked at it, a few minutes ago, it said Noon Eastern.

I'm betting its a new R6. What else could it be?.. the R1 is new, the FZ1 is barely a year old.

They're not about to update the YZF600... and I highly doubt they're going to intro a brand-new model that somehow evaded EVERYONE's radar for the duration of it's development.

They could bring a Euro-Market bike to the US though... FJR1300 or some such?.. hmmm. Maybe the Fazer 600 to complement the FZ1? Is that kind of news worthy of a 'big announcement'??

-James

jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 04:29 AM   #24
valkmaster
Founding Member

Adieu ?

Adieu (you misspelled it) is the French word for "farewell", which means you're gone forever...
valkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 04:34 AM   #25
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Announcements

I believe the first announcement will be the hiring of John Burns, and the second will be to announce a new "two-up" editor, none other than yours truly, Abe Froman, along with various celebrity "guest pillions" weekly. For instance, the inaugural column will feature none other than Elsa Benitez, from the cover of the SI swimsuit edition, riding pillion.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 04:52 AM   #26
tshelver
Registered Member

Yamaha is making it difficult. First they announce the spring-only order of the silver RX-1 snowmobile.

Now according to an email floating around the newsgroups, it seems they are announcing the FJ1300R at 12 EST today. At what I think is a very reasonable price, only a grand more than the ZZR1200, and that is with bags.

Hmmm I need to persuade SWMBO that I need two new toys this year...
tshelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 04:56 AM   #27
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Left turn only

I think this is more like flat tracking on ice and snow than like nascar. The Nascar races are 200 laps of getting dizzy. I could deal with it for 30 or so laps of sideways action. Gotta be sideways if you are going in circles.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 05:00 AM   #28
pplassm
Founding Member

Default SWMBO?

What that?
Old 03-01-2002, 05:19 AM   #29
Poser
Founding Member

Default Re: SWMBO?

If you don't know, you probably don't want to know!
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 05:21 AM   #30
Poser
Founding Member

Default NAS-BIKE

Not to mention that you never, ever have to learn to countersteer and use the throttle at the same time. It really simplifies riding fast. The advantages are endless!
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote