Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-25-2002, 03:42 PM   #101
Huss
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 Interceptor reader feedback

Did the 97 VFR have carbs? If so, that could be why it lost so much power at high altitudes, the air/fuel mixture would be off (too rich). Fuel injection bikes also will lose power at high altitudes, but the computer should (hopefully) at least adjust the mixture so that the air/fuel ratios remain correct enabling it to run better.
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2002, 06:38 AM   #102
Huss
Founding Member

Default Re: hardbags picture?

Go to motorcycledaily.com, find their first report on the VFR, and within that is a link to a european site that has several pictures of the new VFR in silver, one has the bags attached.
Old 01-26-2002, 09:13 AM   #103
ChemDoc
Founding Member

Default SALE: 2000 VFR 800 YELLOW

If I'm going to get a new one I have to sell the old one.....6500 miles adult owned and garage kept, fully serviced and babied. $7500 obo serious inquiries only. Call Andy at 321-268-1338 after 6 pm eastern (in Florida).
ChemDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 06:13 PM   #104
Huss
Founding Member

Default Re: FZ1 versus VFR

Thanks buddy!
Old 02-02-2002, 09:11 AM   #105
danvifferman
Founding Member

Default Re: hardbags picture?

Hondavfr.com also has pictures of the hardbags and slip-ons from staintune and two brothers racing for the new vfr along with reviews of the new bike, etc. Just go to hondavfr.com click on 2002 vfr in upper left corner.
danvifferman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 12:44 PM   #106
rags23
Registered Member

I agree to few of the points like increasing capacity instead of making the system more complex etc. but getting rid of the single sided swingarm? Gasp! I have never owned a VFR, but my next m/c will definitely have a single sided swingarm.

Triumph already made the stupid mistake of moving to a double sided swingarm to save - 6 POUNDS! I can handle 6 more pounds; give me single sided swingarm so that I can remove the wheel for tire changes easily...
rags23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 05:15 PM   #107
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

http://yamaha-motor.com/news/news.asp
Old 04-11-2002, 07:58 PM   #108
MPN76VFR
Founding Member

What a disappointment... the only thing people seemed to ask for in the VFR was more power (maybe through bigger displacement while keeping the V-4 as a novelty) and what does Honda do? Gives us new everything.... BUT no additional power! Im looking at the dyno right now and the old gear-cam engine is pushing a bit more juice nearly all the way across the grid, particularly the mid-range. Why even bother with the VTEC?? When knowledgable motorheads hear "VTEC", they think "unleashed Honda horsepower". Well, where the hell is it??

Not to mention, the HP and torque curves on the old gear-cam engine is much smoother. The 7000RPM switch to 4 valves doesnt make any noticeable difference in HP and barely pumps up the torque. Ive got a 98 and my buddy has a 2000 and we were looking forward to maybe trading for the 2002. Even with all the improvements, we ain't biting! Can you say LETDOWN? Oh well.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:11 AM   #109
1aboxer
Founding Member

Don't want to make anyone sick but I just bought a non-abs model 'ceptor '02 for $8999, brand new off the floor. Found a small town dealership that normally sells more four wheelers than bikes and they were willing to deal. Actually I asked them what they would take for it and that was thier first offer, good for that day only they told me, needless to say I called the wife and brought home the vfr the next day. Been happy as hell ever since. In regards to all the comments about the looks, well........everyone who has seen my bike, motorcyclist or not has said they loved it, can't be too ugly then. Bike runs and handles excellent, couldn't be happier. I too originally thought the first pictures were questionable but in person it looks good. I'll let you know more about how I feel about it after I hook up and ride with my buddies on big bores, that will be the real test..........
1aboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 02:33 AM   #110
MPN76VFR
Founding Member

Default Re: V4 Packaging Problem?

Aren't a good number of the new 4 stroke motors to be used in GP going to be V5's, not V4s? In any case, it will be a V configuration, as "useless" as it is.

Lets face it, just like everything else in life, this configuration is a compromise, a little give for a little take. 4 cyl for revs and smoothness, V setup for torque in the midrange where you need and want it and compact/narrow for chassis balance.