Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-17-2001, 02:10 PM   #1
poopypants
Founding Member

Default Re: Aprilia CapoNord feedback

Woohoo!!!!!!! First post!!!! Good idea, ugly execution. I like these kinds of bikes but I think the manufactures are going the wrong direction with the styling. Both the Aprilia and Suzuki's new DL 1000 have very futuristic styling. When I think of adventure touring bikes I think of BMW's GS with brush guards on the lights, aluminum hand guards, and a big gnarly set of aluminum bags. Not cateye headlights and swoopy bodywork. I want somthing that looks like a tank, not a sportbike. Just my opinion...................
poopypants is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2001, 02:58 PM   #2
elizilla
Founding Member

Oooh, I like it, it's cool looking. I'll have to do some research and decide whether to add it to my short list, but my initial impression is favorable.

I wonder if upgrading the forks springs to Progressives will do the same magic for the front suspension, that it has done for other bikes I've owned? If so that may be a very cheap and easy thing to fix, I think the last set of Progressives I bought cost all of $57 and took hardly any time to swap out.

Anyone have a guess as to how reliable this bike will be? What kind of parts availability will riders have in out of the way adventure touring locales? Have we heard what the price tag will be?

elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 03:16 PM   #3
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Looks different and pretty neat. Aprilia at least has the guts to take chances to bring on something different with styling and function. Remember to most people different is ALWAYS ugly, because most people fear change. Looks like Aprilia AND change are good things to me. Maybe they can light a fire under some other corporate a$$es to try something else for a change.
Old 12-17-2001, 05:57 PM   #4
Fugaziiv
Founding Member

not pretty...
Fugaziiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 06:11 PM   #5
Dryfly
Registered Member

I think I'll stick with the Kawazuki Strom, or was that "Storm"? More power, less price, gotta love that TL engine and did I say more power? Besides, I like Japanese food better than Italian. That is unless we're talk'n pizza!!
Dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 06:41 PM   #6
TheFox
Founding Member

Default More V-Strom amusement

I know this is way off topic, but has anyone seen the TV ad for some anti-telemarketing doohickey?

The guy answers the phone: "Hello?"

Telemarketer girl: "Mr. Storm?"

Guy (rolls eyes) "It's Strom"

I was cracking up.

--Foxy

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 11:06 PM   #7
LOSTinSPACE
Founding Member

well, at least this CapoNArd thing has hard bags...

why the hell V-Strom doesn't have one, damn it!
LOSTinSPACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 11:37 PM   #8
boxjoint
Founding Member

Default You stole my thunder!!

Could not agree more! It's like installing off road mudders on a Jaguar.
boxjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 11:47 PM   #9
boxjoint
Founding Member

Default Aprilla raising eyebrows

Although I do NOT like this bike, I do have to say that Aprilla is producing some great machines. One of my personal favorite bikes out there (Jap, Itallian, American) is the new Falco. The 2002 Falco has a full fairing but designed in such a way that allows (almost) full view of the engine. From what I have read the Falco is dead center between a full-on race rep and a standard. Basically a comfortable race rep. Twin spar aluminum frame with a big meaty V-Twin and more cornering clearance than your ZRX's,FZR's, and Bandit's. If I could only afford to shell out the 12 grand it would cost to buy one....
boxjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 02:41 AM   #10
GboroGoose
Founding Member

Default Raising eyebrows -equal opportunity offensivenes

How bout leveling the field here and not only offending the Japanese people.

Make that Jap, Wop, and [fill in your favorite insulting name for Americans: Infidel, Gaijin, Yankee, ...]
GboroGoose is offline   Reply With Quote