Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-19-2001, 02:18 AM   #51
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh God, not this again!

Hey, I'm a Jap. Feel free to use the term in my presence.

Banzai, Dude.

Pete P.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2001, 02:19 AM   #52
xlr8r
Founding Member

Default Re: Styling on the Caponord & V-Strom

I like the European way too, but that's because I'm on the other side of the Atlantic - the Eastern side, that is.

Test rides in the UK are easy - you just go to the dealer, ask nicely, and he lets you take the bike away, expecting to see you again in half an hour. Which he usually does.

Don't believe all you read in SuperBike. Or Performance Bikes. Or (especially) Fast Bikes. In return, I won't believe all I read in Easyriders, either. As for adventure tourers, yes they are fantastically popular in Europe, especially in France and Italy. Nobody takes them far off-road, but they do make wonderful streetbikes for the sort of condensed geography we have over here.
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 04:23 AM   #53
Dryfly
Registered Member

Default Re: Oh God, not this again!

Thank you for making sense for the politically correct police out there. Take that crap to another web site. This is a bike site and not a sensitivity lesson. I'm a little English and a lot German, so call me what you want. I promise I won't go crying to mommy and say that I was offended!!!
Dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 06:41 AM   #54
bigjames
Premium Member

Default Re: Aprilia CapoNord feedback

I like it, but I ride BMWs and Harleys, so what do I know about style...

What I really want is a V-Rod powered sport tourer, THAT would be a hoot! However, if the Milwaukee brain trust doesn't come up with a touring or sport touring bike for that engine, one of the Aprilla tourers are on the top of the list (already have a VERY stylish BMW and a VERY well used Harley).
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 07:57 AM   #55
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default Re: You recommend typing lessons...

Yah what ever
Lateshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 08:10 AM   #56
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default V-Rod motors in everything

Hey BigJames, HD needs to throw that motor in everything!!! Who wouldn't prefer a Road King Classic with the V-Rod motor??? Load it up with your gear and your (again not a deregatory word, just the accepted term for anyone who rides on the second seat of a MC) haul ass on the highways, pass at will, etc. etc. etc.

My guess is they will release a new bike each year for a couple of years, featuring the new motor. My second guess is that the next bike you'll see with that motor will be an FX sport.

Those old 60 horse HD motors sound great, look great but you need a calender to measure the time it takes to pass a vehicle going 60 mph.
Lateshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 08:28 AM   #57
boxjoint
Founding Member

Default CapoNord Hard Bags

The article said that it usess the same exact bags as the Futura. (good idea from the Aprilla guys. The bags look good on both bikes.)
boxjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 08:32 AM   #58
boxjoint
Founding Member

Default Tell it to Buell

The next bike on the list for that motor should be the Buell XB9R. I would definately ride American then!
boxjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 09:19 AM   #59
DoubleL
Founding Member

That's right Minime, I said Comparo. Cool huh?

Maybe you'll need an awesome adventure type of rider from Indiana to come and help you guys do your "comparo".

I think that may actually mean something in Spanish - I'm not sure.

LL

DoubleL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 10:19 AM   #60
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Sorry dude, didn't mean to offend. Seriously, though, there are not many non GW folks that ride THAT much. I don't have the time to ride that much. Hell, my whole motor vehicle life is about 17k per year.

Either you live in a beautiful place with lovely weather or are incredibly tough. I live in Houston and prefer my streetbiking (as opposed to my racing and dirt biking) to be pleasant. OK, I am a wuss.

Anyway, a reasonably comfy bike and a new job in Austin would get me riding more often, but still less than 8K per year or so. I'd want something new in 3-5 years. I don't think that makes me a poser.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote