Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-18-2001, 09:17 AM   #21
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default It will be a long time

Honda, once they've been burned, is _very_ cautious in the future. Best example: the Hawk GT sold poorly, so they dropped it. The Hawk GT later became a cult bike, and the Suzuki SV650 has been a best-seller since its introduction, but Honda still hasn't re-released the GT. Why? They got burned once.

They also got burned the last time they took the Transalp to North America, so get comfortable if you really want one. Or get a Pegaso or F650GS.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2001, 09:20 AM   #22
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Easy now

I'm the first to jump on real racists, but I think that the original poster had not used "Jap" as an ethnic slur, but as an abbreviation. I used to say "Jap" with no pejorative meaning whatsoever, until someone explained to me why I shouldn't use it even to save time/space.
Old 12-18-2001, 09:28 AM   #23
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Falco's not so unique

I think that the Falco's _sexier_ than the Superhawk (though I like the VTR a lot too), but they seem to me to be the exact same genre. The Superhawk is also $8999 as opposed to $12,000. A 1999 Superhawk has a Kelley bluebook retail of $6995--nearly half the price of a Falco. Not bad!

The ZX9R's ergos are also that good (or so I hear, not been on one myself). Same with the Triumph Daytona. Different engine configurations and aesthetics, but still sportbikes without racetrack ergos.
Old 12-18-2001, 09:55 AM   #24
JohnGeisz
Founding Member

Default Re: Aprilia CapoNord feedback

Are you still starving, BTW?
JohnGeisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 09:55 AM   #25
slowburner_1
Founding Member

Not one decent picture of the bike, MO?
slowburner_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 10:11 AM   #26
MuzzyMatt
Founding Member

Default Re: Aprilla raising eyebrows

No, the models on display on Aprilia's official website are of the 2002 models. The 2001 models had different paint schemes.

MuzzyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 10:17 AM   #27
tonymoe
Founding Member

Default Just Like SUV's

People just want to look cool, station wagons and standard motorcycles are boring (in other people's minds, not mine) so instead people buy toned down, swoopy, street oriented suv's and dual purpose bikes that serve the same purpose as station wagons and UJM's used to serve. This thing will see as much dirt as a BMW X5.
tonymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 11:02 AM   #28
Neal
Founding Member

Good story(could use better pictures)and I really like the bike.However,I must take exception to the statement that the only 2 bikes to fill this niche are the BMW and Triumph Tiger.Even though they may not be everyone's cup of tea and they are both getting long in the tooth,the Cagiva Gran Canyon(my personal favorite) and the Moto Guzzi Quota(ugly but ya gotta love it)certainly fill the same niche.Any big displacement adventure tourer comparo should include these two.....for fun factor if nothing else.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 11:19 AM   #29
pmmonster
Founding Member

Default Re: kawasaki, not kawisaki

Not to mention that the V-Strom is from Suzuki, not Kawasaki.
pmmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 11:48 AM   #30
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Maybe so, but I am not so sure that low oomph means longer life. Besides, the folks that ride that much are few and far between. Granted, the Gold Wing set rides that much, but most of us do not. If mileage were the main thing in a semi sporting bike, we'd be talking turbo diesel. I'd be more interested in the Futura motor with a 50K mile life than a Nord motor with a 100K life.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote