Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-11-2001, 12:44 PM   #81
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Where does this come from?

Exactly. The only scratches sportbike riders who go "to the limit" on public roads are leaving are those caused by the handlebars and gas tanks hitting the pavement when they crash.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2001, 12:47 PM   #82
solar1
Registered Member

Default Re: FZ-1

I am 100% with you, Man!! I couldn't agree more, except to say that I would really like a factory storage solution, which the Interceptor finally has. being able to carry stuffy really opens up the usefulness of any bike and while a SV1000s with 110 horse would be killer, I bet I would still have to strap bags to it and risk scratching the bodywork, as I have done on my SV. I guess I have a problem with owning a full-on sportbike as my only bike, I just don't think it would do everything well enough and I am getting a little more discerning, as I learn and ride more. The V-Strom is a, umm, interesting bike, but a dual purpose for agressive street riding? I don't think it'll work. The day I read a review saying it is nimble and able to to be whipped semi-aggressively on the street or track is the day I will reconsider my stance on the bike.
solar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 12:52 PM   #83
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Why buy a naked bike?

Riding at sane speeds on a properly maintained, modern streetbike of any kind, you will NEVER experience headshake, no matter what condition the pavement is in.
Old 12-11-2001, 12:58 PM   #84
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default One other bike you should check out...

Don't forget the new Kawasaki ZZR1200. It's only $10,500; it's got massive torque and power; it's got as much wind protection as you could ever want; it's as upright as you get with a full-fairing (this side of a ST1300, that is).

One of these bikes MUST have caught your fancy, right? Every bike is a compromise between different factors (wind protection; power; looks and panache; seating position; price) but there's so many that are "pretty close" to what you're looking for that I can't imagine they're all lousy...
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 01:02 PM   #85
Lynz
Founding Member

Default Re: First Ride: Honda 919

The bike looks a bit ho hum, the lightest in class is incorrect my Raptor weighs less and develops more power and more importantly handles.
Lynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 01:16 PM   #86
el_macho650
Founding Member

The UJM is back! Is it a 919? is it a FZ-1? Bandit? Am I wearing the wrong glasses and it's a KZ1000? 20 years have gotten us a radiator, no carbs, and one less shock.

Okay, okay. Looks great, surely runs great, another well-executed Standard using a sportbike motor that's detuned so it's easy to ride and will run forever. Nothing revolutionary, but a practical AND really fast bike. Can't wait to not run out and buy one.
el_macho650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 01:32 PM   #87
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Jeez I don't know...

No fairing available, handling that needs fixing before it's good, and that UGLY flat black paint.

I do kinda like the exhaust, though.
Old 12-11-2001, 01:38 PM   #88
drandall
Founding Member

This bike doesn't do much for me. I'm sure it's great (there are very few 'bad' Hondas), but my cash won't go for one; I'd get a FZ-1 instead.

My new-bike money is looking to go to a '02 Ducati Monster 750S. Slow, but an outstanding chassis, with wonderful sound.
drandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 01:50 PM   #89
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Where does this come from?

Mine are mainly from midcorner bumps. Well except for the first time I touched them down and had to hold it there for a while. Nothing like flying around a corner and finding a 12"x12" rock in the middle of the road. Then the grinding sound was so loud it freaked me out. Thank God for Keith Code and his preaching of surpressing your "SR's". Easier said than done though.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 02:00 PM   #90
12er
Founding Member

Have you sat on an FZ1? I found the tank to be the most uncomfortable thing Ive ever sat on. Wide but not ergo and then the ridge cut right thru my thigh. It looked like fun till I tried one on.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote