Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-23-2001, 07:07 PM   #271
Rob-SV650
Founding Member

Default Re: a nighthawk, well no wonder

Inline 4's just feel bland to me, the only character they have is the top end rush and that usually comes from having no balls at low RPM (of course there are some exceptions like the ZRX and Bandit 1200). As far as "texture" goes you might as well have a sowing machine motor. And I really hate buzziness. The Nighthawk S was really non-buzzy for an inline 4, but the SV's engine just kills it in every aspect except top end rush - the S's 700 went from nothing to "holy $hit" at around 7000 RPM, which was fun and the main plus of that engine (other than the hydraulic lifters). The SV has just as much on top, but you wouldn't immediately realize it because it is nearly equally strong at the bottom end.

And subjectively, another one of the great things about a twin is you can spin twice the RPM without realizing it, a twin never feels busy like a 4 (even a V4, which I prefer). A good bassy roar beats a mosquito-like buzz anyday.
Rob-SV650 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-25-2001, 10:34 PM   #272
BigGit
Founding Member

Default Re: The Pictures MO didn

My only comments are the usual three questions:

1. What's wrong with what you have now (in this case, the ZRX-1100)?

2. Is what you want to get (the 919) noticably better than what you have now in those areas?

3. What does what you want do worse than what you have (there's ALWAYS something) and are you willing to make those compromises?

The answers to those three questions should be a reasonable guide to a good trade.

Actually, there is a fourth question:

4. Do you need the money you will lose on the trade for anything really necessary?
BigGit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 11:54 AM   #273
Henry_Bowman
Founding Member

Default Re: The Pictures MO didn

check out the pics at

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mchonda/00hornet.html

Looks like the yellow one was a 600 hornet tested in June Y2K in England. I have one on order and would like yellow (or blue or red or ...) way more than asphalt.
Old 01-13-2002, 04:36 PM   #274
jim111
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda 919 In the new Motorcyclist Magazine

Blah, Blah,Blah

Yada, Yada, Yada
jim111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 01:43 PM   #275
jim111
Founding Member

Default Re: Th2 919 is here........

And I'm happy to say that I have one of the first ones. The bike is quick, nimble and well balanced. The fuel injection makes a big difference and the disc brakes are superb. The suspension is flawless.A wonderful bike from the best motorcycle company in the world. It's all I hoped for. Come join our yahoo discussion group.
jim111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:39 PM   #276
mxgb5
Founding Member

Default Re: American Honda Fu#$%^&

I have to agree with you here. The U.S. market is much larger than the UK, probably as many sales as all of Europe put together. Why only one color?

Suzuki did the same thing with the SV650 when it first came out. We had blue or dark red... the other side of the "pond" got these plus yellow and silver.

Now, a color isn't necessarily going to prevent me from buying a bike I like... and I think the 919 is what I've been looking for (in the absence of a naked VTR1000!). But I still can't figure out why we get fewer choices.

mxgb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 07:58 AM   #277
900F
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda 919 In the new Motorcyclist Magazine

When will they make a naked bike with a top-notch suspension, engine and brakes? Can't seem to get them all in one package. The FZ1 seems to come closest but the mini fairing goofs up putting on a plexi-fairing which works great for trips. Maybe Aprilia will come out with one next year............
Old 01-24-2002, 05:55 PM   #278
gobits
Founding Member

Default Re: First Ride: Honda 919

This is the bike I've been looking for. I have been watching the Euro's enjoying the Hornet and the CB750F2 for a while now and wished they were available here. I own a CB750 Nighthawk and even played with the thought of getting the F2 body pieces brakes and rear adjustable shocks for it. Now I won't have to. I will probably switch sometime this spring.
gobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 01:49 AM   #279
900F
Founding Member

Default Re: What the Manufacturers consider when designing a new bike

Amen!!! I'm betting we'll have to wait for Aprilia or maybe Suzuki to give us a well appointed street fighter.

Maybe KTM will surprise with something that has their new liter v-twin in it. That company seems to understand that a good suspension is a must. A "flat-track" looking street fighter that can wheelie, slide and burn out on the asphalt is what we need. An XR 1000 without the pig-iron engine...............

Old 02-05-2002, 08:44 PM   #280
stephanpark
Founding Member

Default Re: First Ride: Honda 919

I like the mad max mat. Agreed with the suspension. Bikini faring has become a pet project of mine. Want something clean but not Buell or M900. Almost a mini faring molded in the form of GP almost hovering waitless over molded dual oval tandem headlamps. Yeah.
stephanpark is offline   Reply With Quote