Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-19-2001, 08:06 AM   #261
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default Point - Counterpoint "Jane you ignorant ****"

OK, I'll reply to myself and make the point that said article, does have some positive points on the 919.

"Honda's aim was to create a more rider-friendly, unintimidating machine at a lower cost" (this is where the mistake was made in my oppinion).

"The 919 was an ace in traffic, feeling slick, light and sophisticated".

"...glitch-free torque"

"...isn't fast..but is so flexable and rider-friendly it encourages you to jump straight on and give it plenty of beans."

OK, so if you don't get the mag, I've told both sides of the story, if you do please disregard both of these messages, or enjoy them. Whatever!!! its Christmas, so hopefully Santa is bringing you something good.
Lateshow is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2001, 12:29 PM   #262
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default Re: Point - Counterpoint "Jane you ignorant ****"

I think the hornet styling is great. It's all association, so maybe getting to ride them in europe and thinking "what a slow bike" would associate that styling with sloth, but to me I always thought the hornet looked better than anything honda brought here. It's too bad they detuned the motor. It seems like the displacement was intended to give americans a 600 that isn't called a 600 so they might actually buy it.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 02:25 PM   #263
intruderman
Founding Member

Default Re: OK, Mr. Grammar...

Your list of naked bikes should have included the Suzuki VX800. I think they sold maybe 10 of them. I love that bike, but it's hard as hell to find a good used one any more.
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 07:30 AM   #264
slimeweasel
Registered Member

Default Re: One other bike you should check out...

damn tony, you trolling or what
slimeweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 06:26 PM   #265
Rob-SV650
Founding Member

Default Re: First Ride: Honda 919

Sure they're listening, but the bike you speak of might canabalize GSX-R sales and they aren't about to take that chance.

Personally I think if people could get the same performance with more streetable ergos it would be a no-brainer as to which one they would buy.
Rob-SV650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 06:50 PM   #266
Rob-SV650
Founding Member

Default Re: Thanks death...

I guess I'll have to throw my 2¢ in and back you guys up. I LOVE the feel of a v-twin, between the torque curve and the "texture", they rule. The SV650 has way better usable low end than 600cc 4's.

V4's are also awesome, but probably too complex for lower priced bikes today, you'd never get a V65 or V-Max motor on a sport standard for under 10K.

What about the Aprilia Falco? I don't remember if it has clip-ons or regular handlebars - if they're regular it might be a good choice.
Old 12-20-2001, 07:18 PM   #267
Rob-SV650
Founding Member

Default Re: Great comparo!!!

It's not just the colors - Techron is good stuff!

Where can I find more info or a writeup on the Boost King?
Old 12-20-2001, 07:28 PM   #268
Rob-SV650
Founding Member

Default Re: Sounds like you

The GPz1100 has gotta be one of, if not the, most "loved by its owners, overlooked by everyone else" bikes of all time...
Old 12-22-2001, 10:45 AM   #269
BigGit
Founding Member

Default Re: Sounds like you

...challenged by the Honda PC800 Pacific Coast...
BigGit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 04:20 PM   #270
Z-Rod
Founding Member

Default The Pictures MO didn

Are all here at:

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mchonda/mcphotos00/

For some reason they got a beautiful YELLOW one to test. This explains why they used the asphalt pix straight from the Honda USA web site.

This proves that the guys at MO are alright, actually rode the bike they got, took photos and did the right thing.

It also shows Honda USA and the dealers are lazy (for not having more colors available, which they could get if they asked) and color blind for picking FLAT BLACK (which isn't even a color, it's a light-hole) instead of the YELLOW pictured.

Have fun!

PS: I"m considering trading my ZRX-1100 for one. What do you all think?
Z-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote