Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-14-2001, 08:33 PM   #241
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default Re: STEEL!!

I like steel better too, but for a sport bike it needs to be a trellis frame, or at least a tube cradle. A steel trellis is lighter and stiffer than aluminum, but if you've ever seen a katana frame, it looks like a twin spar aluminum frame. But it's not, it'is made of steel. This is just heavy junk.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2001, 08:09 AM   #242
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default Thanks death...

Its good to hear from others that believe the V-Twin standard theme is well recieved. Ever since I got my first ride on a Ducati 900 SS and then the SV, I was converted. I know many talk of the pleasure involved in rapping out a GSXR750 or 1000 and I like that too. The thing is the V-Twin is just so much more accessable. You can grab that power right off the line, any time, and any place. To me its just more fun more often.

Has anyone seen the new Boxer B2 with a 1000cc Voxan motor??? I'd buy that bike today if it was available in the states, or for that matter the Cagiva Raptor.

Come on Suzuki and Honda, you can build the damm things with 90% of the parts in the parts bin now!!! Please
Lateshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 09:29 AM   #243
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default I'm aware of it,

and it is currently my #2 choice (my back-up plan if the SV doesn't feel right on a test-ride). I really like the nature of a V-twin, though, and I don't do much long-distance touring (where the quarter-fairing, big tank, and greater weight of the ZR are a real benefit), so the SV seems a bit better suited. I think it's a very pretty bike, and the stats are good, but it doesn't give me the visceral reaction that seeing/hearing an SV does.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 03:52 PM   #244
tesmanus
Founding Member

Default Re: Parade of standards

If the SV1000 has the TLS engine I'm gonna buy one. Better yet - the TLR motor.

As a former TLS owner take my word - that thing is fun to ride!
tesmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 04:03 PM   #245
tesmanus
Founding Member

Default Re: FZ-1

I really can't figure Suzuki out - they have a big seller in the SV1000 - I am POSITIVE! I drove a TLS for 2 years, the motor is a joy, fantastic fun. Suzuki already has the motors developed and tooled up for. Gotta be just a parts bin bike. They must have some good reason for not making them but damned if I can figure it.
tesmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 04:23 PM   #246
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: First Ride: Honda 919

Wow! 250 comments on a non-Harley article. Must be some kind of record.
Old 12-16-2001, 04:42 PM   #247
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha FZ1 not retuned

It also makes less power - they cut off the top end hit on the bike, WITHOUT changing the torque curve down low. No benefit. Just less power. What't the point of call the bike a "Naked R1" if you've emasculated it?
Old 12-16-2001, 07:44 PM   #248
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default 251

OK, one more won't hurt
Lateshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 06:36 PM   #249
Rob-SV650
Founding Member

Default Re: maybe in a straight line

No really, I've seen the road tests, and the Katanas are quicker through the quarter mile. And I'd have to disagree about the character too - I can't imagine an inline 4 having more character than anything. V-twins and v4's rule!
Rob-SV650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 06:38 PM   #250
Rob-SV650
Founding Member

Default Re: STEEL!!

Ride an SV650 sometime - you can't feel chassis flex whatsoever, it's an absolutely brilliant chassis. 2 things I'll never fault about the SV are the engine and chassis.
Rob-SV650 is offline   Reply With Quote