Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-13-2001, 10:36 AM   #211
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Honda Hawk GT 998 or Suzuki SV1000 S

Even if Honda doesn't make a "Hawk GT 998", it DOES make the Superhawk, which is a set of helibars away from being an open-class SV. If the original poster likes narrow bikes, well the Superhawk is VERY narrow--that's why it's tank range sucks

Maybe the SuperHawk is like the princess in the Never-Ending Story: all she needs to survive is a new name.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2001, 10:37 AM   #212
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default As I said above...

Maybe the SuperHawk is like the emperess in _The Never-Ending Story_: all she needs to survive is a new name.
Old 12-13-2001, 10:38 AM   #213
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default "dowdy"

I think the b1200's motor along keeps it from looking dowdy. It's not good looking, but the FZ1 isn't either. And in the motorcycles' true essences, the FZ1 is an appliance next to the bandit. The Bandit can be tuned as easy as a GSXR1100. You can smoke FZ1 with more overall power, and low end torqe the FZ1 will never have. And the motor's easy to work on and you'll have parts forever. I really hope they don't make a GSXR1000 powered bandit unless they keep the 12 too.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 10:48 AM   #214
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default But

I've never had my nuts caught in a osterizer, whereas I have felt vibration. That's why I ask. I'm wondering what it does to others that it doesn't do to me. What does it feel like for you, and what problems arise for you? Like numbing, or something like that? I've ridden all day on bikes that vibrate, it just doesn't bother me. And nice vibes, like a guzzi's 90 degree twin, I find entertaining and they never wear on me. Even a harley's vibes I find fairly pleasant, although I'd bet they could get annoying above 70 if I rode one a lot longer than I have.
Old 12-13-2001, 11:12 AM   #215
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default maybe in a straight line

but the katanas have steel frames and are heavy. I'm not even sure it'd beat the SV in a straight line, just because of the weight. But even if it would, it definitely wouldn't even touch the SV in corners. Although when it comes to character, I think the oil cooled fours like what's in the katana have more than the SV, although mostly just the larger ones like the 1100s and the B1200. The 750 would need a louder exhaust and to be freed from that horrible katana to let loose the monster character hiding inside.
Old 12-13-2001, 12:04 PM   #216
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: But

Vibration in the handgrips causes numbness of the hands for me, but even before that, it irritates me for reasons I can't explain.

Vibration in the footpegs is the same thing.

Vibration through the seat is what irritates me the most--it makes me have to take leaks more often, which gets real old real quick.

None of these things are _painful_, like the Osterizer thing, but they are _irritating_, like having a fly buzzing around your ear. I think motorcycle vibration is like nails on a chalkboard--for some reason certain people find it absolutely intolerable whereas others don't.
Old 12-13-2001, 12:44 PM   #217
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: But

After an hour on my previous KLR 650 with Gel Grips my hands would be pins and needles. Add in cold and you get frozen pins and needles, not a very enjoyable experiance. Then again you get to experiance your ride for another half to an hour longer till your hands return to normal. Harley vibes just tire you out more on longer rides, I noticed my hands were much more tired on a harley than on other bikes. Then again without wind protection on a laid back cruiser your holding on more too.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 01:21 PM   #218
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Where do you live?

You don't see many motorcycles of any type at the height of summer or the dead of winter here. Not in Minnesota, anyway. 97 degrees with 95% humidity is not fun to ride in. In winter you couldn't get your bike out of the driveway without crashing, even if you could stand the -10 degree weather in your moto gear.

I don't sit around Krispy Kreme.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 02:15 PM   #219
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: First Ride: Honda 919

Not necessarily, fuzzyjim...

I started on a standard, went to a cruiser, and then to a sport-tourer. At first, even with Heli-Bars on my CBR, they felt way too low. Now they feel just fine, but when I sat on two different FZ-1's, 1 with stock bars, and 1 with the GYT-R (Yamaha's aftermarket parts) lowered bar clamp, the stock bar height felt TOO high, and the slightly lower stock bars in the lowering clamp felt better. I didn't like the one with the flat drag bars on it, though - too low.
Old 12-14-2001, 04:14 AM   #220
Hades
Founding Member

Default Re: Thank you, Thank you.....

Nice one! )

---------------------

Hades[hLcYb¿]

[ClapClapClap]
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote