Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-12-2001, 02:16 PM   #181
tbuse
Founding Member

Default Re: With You!

Try a Triumph Sprint ST or RS.
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2001, 02:42 PM   #182
tbuse
Founding Member

Default Re: Where does this come from?

My distain for most "sportbike" riders comes from my dealings with them around here. They rarely ride; when they do it's all out stupidity. You never see them during the height of summer (too hot), or the middle of winter (too cold) and you rarely see them do anything except sit around the beach parking lot or the Krispy Kreme BSing about what wonderful riders they are.
Old 12-12-2001, 03:08 PM   #183
tbuse
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda 919

That matte paint scheme is allegedly very popular in Europe. Take a look at the Moto Guzzi Stone with similar ugly paint. The thing would actually look a lot better in the new Triumph Acidic Yellow.
Old 12-12-2001, 03:39 PM   #184
Gabe
Founding Member

Default OK, Mr. Grammar...

You silly f@ckers are really confusing the OEM's...first everybody was crying about how the UJM's were gone in the mid-late 80's, so they made the Hawk, CB-1, Bandit 400, SRX-6, Radian, and GSX1100 (remeber that?) And they sold like Latkes at a Klan Rally.

So then, once bitten, twice shy...although unfaired bikes sell better now, they still don't sell as well as cruisers, sportbikes or dual-sports. Why? Because the "naked bike" customer is a friggin' cheap-skate, who demands som much for such a tiny price! Which is, actually, a good thing. The SV and ZRX and this bike offer a TON of performance for not much dough at all.

Here's the thing- every cat on this here page wants a bike that's KIND of the same, but not exactly...so a big company like Honda has to find the common ground. That the common ground is as interesting and stylish as this is pretty miraculous, I think.

As for you, my friend, I am also expressing my opinion to the OEM's- I want a very basic, stripped down bike at a cheap price. Something with lots of potential, not built into a niche I don't want to occupy. I could really care less what the bike looks like- I can't see my bike while I'm riding, and I like to be judged by my riding ability, not by how much money I can spend on my toys.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 03:58 PM   #185
tony
Founding Member

Default Re: One other bike you should check out...

Have you had a chance to ride a bandit in the mountains and through a good set of switch backs. I road a friends bandit before buying one and it works a lot better then most expect it to. I live in Colorado and last summer did a few trips with the bike and a few days through some pretty fast curves. I never tried the pre 2001 Bandit but I've been told the 2001 is much better then previous years. I bought the bike thinking budget bike but then was surprised just how good it worked. I was also surprised how many favaorable commets I get from teenage boys.
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 04:21 PM   #186
tony
Founding Member

Default Re: Why buy a naked bike?

Honda shadow 600 in Colorado, over a mountain pass, I guess you like going slow. I've had to female friends that bought shadow 600s, scary when they tried to pass. They both moved up to 800 cruisers. I guess when you are a starving Student you got to take what yo get. Better the walking. I'm not a big fan of sport bikes but they will and can hold the road much better with their sticky tires.
Old 12-12-2001, 04:34 PM   #187
tony
Founding Member

Default Re: OK, Mr. Grammar...

I find it easy to agree with you except for one thing. Last time they brought standards to the US the biggest complaint was they detuned the motors. The bikes were way heavy and under powered. Honda's own big one should of tought them a lesson. I maybe cheap but I like my power and it has always been the biggest complaint by many, a detuned motor. Yamaha came close with the fz1 but a little less weight wouldn't of been that hard.
Old 12-12-2001, 04:42 PM   #188
MC
Founding Member

Default Re: Where was the 919 two years ago?

So... you want a top-o-the-line supersport/superbike with the plastic torn off, that doesn't look like a bike with the plastic torn off? Me too. It'd be just as expensive as the supersports/superbikes though, and that is probably concern #1 for most of the manufacturers.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 04:43 PM   #189
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default why vibration?

What's so bad about vibration? It's never bothered me, so I must be missing something or it just affects others differently than me. I can't believe they're even starting to counterbalance fours now.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 04:47 PM   #190
MC
Founding Member

Default Re: Where was the 919 two years ago?

I should also say that I do like bikes like the 919, ZRX, SV, etc. I think it'd be cool to see some naked hyperbikes enter the market, but it may be some time before we see that from the big firms.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote