Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-12-2001, 05:36 AM   #131
whitetrashrobot
Founding Member

Default new link

Here y'all...try this out:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/d...212131&=115794

This thing rawks...
whitetrashrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2001, 05:47 AM   #132
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Why buy a naked bike?

If your shadows and w650s can handle the extreme conditions you speak of, then perhaps your "gravel covered" road isn't so covered with gravel. Maybe the perils of the wild suburban outback aren't all they're cracked up to be. My bike can handle the occasional pebble or two just fine as well.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 06:00 AM   #133
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default Honda 919

Dear Honda executives who give the MC market the 919. What the hell is your problem??? Let me explain: Do you really believe that every potential buyer of said machine wants a flat asphalt black paint scheme??? The fact that some will opt for it doesn't change the fact that many would choose anything else with real paint. The decision to release the bike this way will probably cost you about 30% of potential buyers. You might consider some market reasearch among actual potential buyers before releasing a new product.

How about "Sunkist candy orange", "sweet candy apple red", electric navy blue", "pearl purple" "dark metallic graphite green", "high gloss black" etc. etc. etc. I'm sure there are hundreds of potential colors for this bike, yet you choose only one and its flat grey. Uhh hello McFly...

Don't get me started on the warmed over four year old styling of the under-seat-pipes. Did you really want to conjure up images of the anemic Hornet 600? Big Whoops!!!! How about a standard pipe on a standard bike??? Four into one out the side or out the back (stinger) would have been better. Let those who choose two under the tail add it "after-the-fact"!!!!

Why re-work the old 919 motor for the bike when the production lines are ready and willing to produce additional 954 motors???? If you say "cost" you loose a testicle. 95% of buyers would gladly pay the extra 600 bucks for the real motor.

In closing let me say that even with these short comings, you'll probably have some success selling the thing, but think of how cool this machine could have been. Believe me when I say that many of us are.
Lateshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 06:01 AM   #134
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default It's spelled "Ferris".....

I don't have a problem with standards and naked bikes, and as I stated in my original post, one day I too will be riding something that is less than state-of-the-art as well. Like a gourney, maybe. The point is that everyone is ape over these things like they're the greatest thing since Totino's Party Pizzas. Now everybody has to have one. Forgive me for not jumping on the lower-performance bandwagon.

Old 12-12-2001, 06:04 AM   #135
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default Re: new link

new link goes to same blank page...bummer
Old 12-12-2001, 06:07 AM   #136
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default So you'll obviously never be fast then.....

Why are so worried about my privates, anyway?

Old 12-12-2001, 06:09 AM   #137
boxjoint
Founding Member

Default Fuel Injection

They usually have a better throttle response also. Not to mention that they are less succeptable to power loss in altitude changes.
boxjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 06:10 AM   #138
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Thank you, Thank you.....

Please, no applause......

Man it is fun causing a ruckus. I actually like just about all motorcycles (except harleys.) It sure is easy to get people going. Ha.
Old 12-12-2001, 06:15 AM   #139
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default Abe

What were excited about is the fact that the big four is actually making these bikes after a multi -year hiatus of this kind of bike. To us they are the best thing, since this is the kind of bike we've been wanting them to build for years...Now all we need to do is give them our feedback so they'll make them the "WAY" we want. Then we'll both be happy, as we get what we want and the factories sell more machines (what they want). You see its the very definition of a symbiotic relationship. We're just trying to get them to the sweet-spot.

BTW, what did your dad say about the Ferrari GT250 California??? I have always believed it was the finest Ferrari ever produced...
Old 12-12-2001, 06:23 AM   #140
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Ra ra diversity.....

That was stormcloud, mayor of Diversityville, in Liberal Lakes county. Merry Christmas, Happy Hannuka, or Kwanza, or wellness day to you all.