Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-07-2001, 05:04 AM   #21
mandrake_the_mollusk
Founding Member

Default Comfort is in the a** of the beholder...

and for many people the necessary ergonomics of all sportbikes (even the ones with less radical riding position and a halfway decent seat) are simply NOT comfortable for them.

I don't know about the other post but as far as "ignorant of the segment" I've tried numerous bikes in the genre of which you speak in an effort to find one that actually IS comfortable. As it turns out, one of the closest things you can buy to a "comfortable" sportbike is a 1200 Buell (e.g. M2, S3) however some people don't consider them true sportbikes and well let's just say they're not for everybody --especially if your definition of a sportbike is five-figure rpm and top speed that will leave Porsches in the dust. But if somebody wants a comfortable bike that's MORE fun to ride on public streets than most "sportbikes" even if it would get slaughtered on a racetrack, then there's nothing else like 'em if you can put up with their quirks.
mandrake_the_mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2001, 05:04 AM   #22
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: Bandit 1200 designed for the track??? BWAHAHAHA!!!

So sorry, Rob. These comments were intended for squidbait. I replied to the wrong guy. I wish we could delete our messages.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 05:13 AM   #23
mandrake_the_mollusk
Founding Member

Default Nothing wrong with aircooled...

as long as you're willing to accept the drawbacks that come with it (the only advantages are simplicity, lower manufacturing costs that comes with simplicity, and the right to brag that your cooling fins aren't phony windowdressing they actually DO something). For most people buying this particular type of motorcycle the drawbacks range from no big deal to utterly insignificant. So why not?
mandrake_the_mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 05:27 AM   #24
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Comfort is in the a** of the beholder...

The thing I dont like about buells is being at a stoplight and not being able to see. Luckily they do smooth out at speed, but damn they made a paint shaker seem smooth at idle. Well the X1, dont know about the others.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 05:32 AM   #25
12er
Founding Member

Default Re:Warrior

Unfortunately this was the press release for the bike, so its not available yet. Hence why MO hasnt included it. I think the same with the Triumph you just mentioned. Though what Ive read about the Triumph doesnt sound too positive.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 05:46 AM   #26
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: Ummm...

Oh, never mind. geez!
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 06:39 AM   #27
BuellBoy
Founding Member

Default Re: Comfort is in the a** of the beholder...

Hey! You're complaining about the characteristic my girl friend likes the MOST about the Cyclone!
BuellBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 06:40 AM   #28
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha Warrior Feedback

Manufacturer's pix in an article suck. They make the entire thing seem like a press release. Remember the hubbub over the Triumph Tiger first ride? Keep taking your own pix, MO--but perhaps polish up your photography skills (or not, I thought the pictures were fine).
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 08:23 AM   #29
baddog
Founding Member

Default 20 Years per Bike?

No offense, but 20 years between new rides? I hate to say it, but you may be in for a few shocks -- like how much your insurance and tags will go up.
baddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 08:28 AM   #30
baddog
Founding Member

Default Yeah! What happened?

I'm not going to buy a ZR7 or SV, but the comparo was promissed many months ago. Were'nt you talkiing about all kinds of new articles and fresh info? Looks like the site gets minimal updates about twice a week anymore - and major articles or reviews about once a quarter.
baddog is offline   Reply With Quote