Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-14-2001, 03:46 AM   #131
98Viffer
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha Warrior Feedback

I have an air-cooled car, a Corvair! Still runs well and reliable. Makes you wonder what the longevity argument is with them?
98Viffer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2001, 09:11 AM   #132
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default You might want to step up to a bike made in the late 80

You might want to step up to a bike made in the late 80's or early nineties...

By the Way its very near the year 2002!!!!!

The Sabre belongs in re-runs of "NightRider" with David Hasselhoff. Just because the Sabre is faster, heavier, has poor handling characteristics, looks like it was designed by the Tron team, doesn't make it better than the SV. Quite the contrary, "Motorcycling Fun" isn't always defined by top-end speed only. Maybe if I lived in the Midwest where most of the roads are straight and I only had $1100 cash for a big ugly bike I would consider buying a Sabre...probably not. The Sabre is a relic of the Cold War.
Lateshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 09:25 AM   #133
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default Rob, you need counseling

The Bandit 1200, ZRX 1200, FZ-1 were NOT built for racer wanabes!!! The wanabes ride R-1s, Gixxer 1000s, ZX-9s, and 929s...You are a colosal fool. THESE bikes are built for riders that want a comfy ride, big power, and great handling. There are very few differences between them and your beloved piece of Sabre. One is a degree or so of riding position, which you could easily change out with a new set of bars with plus one or two inches of rise. The other is lighter weight, which will be remedied when you load your fat old ass. Another is crisp handling, which you could change by letting most of the air out of the tires and easing up the shock oil.

You need to reach around with both hands and see if you can pull you head out...Man!!! you are a confused, oppinionated looser.
Old 11-15-2001, 09:33 AM   #134
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default Re: One more thing...Sabres suck, just like you

The Bandit 1200, ZRX 1200, FZ-1 were NOT built for racer wanabes!!! The wanabes ride R-1s, Gixxer 1000s, ZX-9s, and 929s...You are a colosal fool. THESE bikes are built for riders that want a comfy ride, big power, and great handling. There are very few differences between them and your beloved piece of Sabre. One is a degree or so of riding position, which you could easily change out with a new set of bars with plus one or two inches of rise. The other is lighter weight, which will be remedied when you load your fat old ass. Another is crisp handling, which you could change by letting most of the air out of the tires and easing up the shock oil.

You need to reach around with both hands and see if you can pull you head out...Man!!! you are a confused, oppinionated looser
Old 11-15-2001, 10:22 AM   #135
Gravestone
Founding Member

Default Re: Is the Warrior THAT ugly? Nope!

I like it, I really like the looks. The can is a bit of an eyesore but if I was going to ride one up all the time, I could live with the can. The Bike has a nice low, long, lean look to it and I like the bobbed rear fender and skinny front fender. I can't point to any one thing and say that is it, that is what makes the bike cool, but I really think it looks great.

Gravestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 12:09 PM   #136
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Default Re: Buells 'N More

I understand your frustration with your S1WL. But we all need to honestly acknowledge that Buells have come a VERY long way in the quality department in a few short years. My M2 has been awesome. Guys I work with have X1s and beat the snot out of them. They have 14-15K on their bikes and they have been very reliable.

On another note, my dealer got a chance to test the new Firebolt at Las Vegas Motor Speedway against every competitive machine. He reports that the Buell was BY FAR the best handling bike there, and the bike was much quicker than he expected. I expect big things from Buell in the coming years.
Old 11-16-2001, 03:31 PM   #137
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default Definition of Hooligan Bike

No, a hooligan bike is not a repli-racer, its not for "agressive" track like riding. Quite the contrary, good examples of a hooligan bikes are the Triumph Speed Triple, the Cagiva Raptor, SV 650, the Naked Suzuki Bandit 1200

Upright riding position - comfortable to ride in traffic

Powerful motor - wheelies and burnt rubber

Powerful brakes - stoppies and safety from high speeds

Cracklin exhaust system - so they can hear you coming and get the hell out of the way!!!!
Old 11-16-2001, 03:47 PM   #138
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default nighthawk 450 & Twinstar Cm200 ????

You've got to be kidding!!!!! If you you were a little girl who weighed in at 95 pounds I would give you a pass. But 6'0" and 280 lbs. riding a 200 cc bike????

I'll say it again.."you've got to be kidding". That's a motor-scooter.

I feel sorry for you that better motorcycles are not available or affordable in Jamaica. But how do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you haven't riden any modern motorcycles???

You read the MC mags, but you don't know what it feels like to blast on a Hayabusa, carve on a GSXR, wheelie on an SV, tour on wing, cruise on a 1600cc RoadStar.

I hope the worm turns for you, and you get to ride some of the bikes on your list, like the XL1200 sport. A friend has one and its a fun ride, for a cruiser.
Old 11-17-2001, 06:51 AM   #139
BigGit
Founding Member

Default Re: nighthawk 450 & Twinstar Cm200 ????

<blockquote> You read the MC mags, but you don't know what it feels like to blast on a Hayabusa, carve on a GSXR, wheelie on an SV, tour on wing, cruise on a 1600cc RoadStar. </blockquote>

I actually have no desire to ride any of the bikes you state here. I have no intention of bringing ANY vehicle to 100 mph unless it's on an extremely straight and wide road (and the vehicle has at least three wheels). I've seen a GoldWing in the metal and my biggest impression was that it was too big and too heavy. And as far as I'm concerned, any engine of 1300 cc or more belongs in a car.

Maybe one day I'll have a 500 for commuting and light touring. Until then, I'll make do with my CM200T TwinStar, and continue to voice my opinion, regardless of how seriously anyone takes it.
BigGit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2001, 11:10 AM   #140
Rob-SV650
Founding Member

Default Obviously you've never ridden one...

Your comments make it obvious that you've never ridden a Sabre, or at least not a good one. You'd never get a decent Sabre for $1100 anyway. Go crawl back under your rock until a subject you know enough about to argue comes up.
Rob-SV650 is offline   Reply With Quote