Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Yamaha Warrior Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/927-yamaha-warrior-feedback.html)

starvingstudent 11-09-2001 05:56 AM

Re: Pipes and fairing and spoiler, O MY !!!

What are you talking about! My Shadow VLX 600 has a top speed of 180mph! (when dropped out of an airplane)

cruiz-euro 11-09-2001 07:41 AM

Re: Best commuting is with cruisers

>Having commuted with every type of bike known

>to man

Convincing start for an argument. And I believe that for the type of commuting that you do, your argument stands - especially for you.

However itchface, I still claim that cruiser is the best commuting method for Caracas, Venezuela, where I live.

I have 8 miles trip up a totally congested motorway, where I ride between two lanes of parked or crawling cars. I have to drive slowly (utter max 40 mph), stop often but no probs, I have Royal Star, hydraulic brakes front and back, hydraulic clutch, good low torque and thanks to V-4, no vibes. I have bad ass looks and good sound and peole give me way soo easily they almost pump to each other.

I haven´t commuted with "every type of bike known to man" like you have but I can say I have tried TDM, a good dual purpose bike as it is, it does not give same commuting comfort. Also by the way smaller cruisers don´t give me the same comfort neither. I´ve tried Yamaha 1100 and 650 Drag Stars here too (known as V-Stars in the States). Wonderful bikes, however, I can recommend them too.

cruiz-euro

12er 11-09-2001 09:00 AM

Re: more SV vs Kwaker ZR-7

After 20 min on my Brothers 996 I had enough. It was fun, though harder to ride than I had expected. But it did whatever you told it without a complaint. Though you had to tell it, not like most of the 600s where you can think where you want to go and it does it. Also the Narrow tank isnt too kind on the manhood under hard braking. Not enough there for my knees to clamp onto to help stop the forward force. I have a lot more fun on my buddies 600's and even more on my K12rs. I also have a lot more endurance on a comfy bike than on the radical flying squirrel the 996 requires. Now the track would be a different story. Though owning only one bike I wouldnt want to wad my only ride. Also the 91 gsxr mentioned above was a little more relaxed than the new ones, 996 takes that one step further as its extreme to me over new GSXR's...

LimeSqueezr 11-09-2001 09:24 AM

Re: Comfort is in the a** of the beholder...

Once met a guy who said that for him the wind in his face was a better antidepressant than Prozac and thus riding without a helmet was a medical treatment that must be accomodated under the ADA (which overrules any state law, of course).

Now, in reality, I suspect there was even more placebo effect going on with him than with your earplugs ;-)

Rob-SV650 11-09-2001 02:00 PM

Re: Not bad...

It is a weekend toy you weenie. Try riding a real ROAD bike before you spout off.

Rob-SV650 11-09-2001 02:06 PM

Re: V65 Sabre vs SV...PLease!!!!!!

You are an incredible moron. First off, the V65 Sabre is quite a bit more complex bike than an SV650. Second, bikes with 56 inch wheelbases and 25 degrees rake are weekend toys, period. They feel great above 70MPH but suck balls at non-highway speeds. I managed to commute for 15K miles on an SV too, but that doesn't mean it was any good at it.

Rob-SV650 11-09-2001 02:09 PM

Re: Bandit 1200 designed for the track??? BWAHAHAHA!!!

Idiot: responsive = fast turning, which is the opposite of stability. An 80's Sabre or V-Max is more stable at 130 than a bandit too - but they can't turn as fast. Duh.

Rob-SV650 11-09-2001 02:15 PM

Of course people of low intelligence can't comprehend the difference between "racetrack" and "racetrack-like", but there is a difference nonetheless.

The FZ1/Bandit/ZRX (and SV650) are designed to perform well during very aggressive riding, at the expense of streetability the rest of the time. None of them was designed to be a racebike, per se, but they are definitely meant for the racer wannabe.

For non-aggressive riding any cruiser or older standard is superior.

Rob-SV650 11-09-2001 02:18 PM

Sounds like a tire problem to me - I don't have that problem at all.

Rob-SV650 11-09-2001 02:26 PM

Don't pretend to know my experiences, cuz you have absolutely no clue. I don't base a "sportbike" classification on engine config, I base it on wheelbase, rake, trail, and riding position. And since I have an SV650, I know a little about V-Twin power delivery, and yes, I do like that aspect of the bike a lot. The engine is a gem - unfortunately, the chassis is biased toward one style of riding, at the expense of all others.

Personally, I think if your idea of riding is tackling a twisty road, then you are a weekend toy rider. The bikes you mention are all leaned horribly far forward for under 80 MPH riding - the SV is more upright than any of them and it sucks below about 65. Sure you can make any bike kinda fit any type of riding, but those bikes are all biased WAY toward sport riding which I have no use for.