Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-02-2001, 09:53 AM   #81
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default You need cookies...check your internet settings

if you have your browser set to never store cookies, the exact problem you are getting can occur.
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2001, 10:03 AM   #82
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 Power Cruisers Reader Feedback

Im not sure I understand the difference between a power cruiser and a cruiser if The mean Streak is considered a power cruiser at 64ponies.Is the Victory a power cruiser?How bout a Harley FXDS(for my money a neglected bike).? The poor Harley designers must be in shock.For years they take hits from the younger hipper sportier crowd for building underpowered,air cooled,2valve/cylinder "retro"styled bikes that appeal to rubs who value chrome over performance.So they risk pissing off there "core"constituency so they could woo you guys by building

a water cooled,powerful,4valve,"on the edge "styled bike.And you guys say you prefer a bike that is(drum roll please)--underpowered,aircooled,2valve,retro styled!!!!You guys are cruel!!!!!!Bottom line-VRod is the best power cruiser of the group--the Mean Streak is probably the best "cruiser "available and you guys dont think the difference between the best cruiser and best power cruiser is worth the bucks.Fair enough,but you oughta state it that way. By the way,although I quibble with how you stated your conclusions and your definitions,I enjoyed the article.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 10:09 AM   #83
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Maybe because it

I agree....i would put the Valkyrie in the same class as the HD Roadking....and rank it first!
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 10:45 AM   #84
Dryfly
Registered Member

No thanks, I'll keep my Confederate Hellcat. If someone would bring out a bike with cruiser styling and a RC51 or TL1000R engine I'll come running! VTX....too Japanese, but nice bike. Mean Streak...can you say slow? V-Rod....Overpriced (dealer gouging) and where does my wife (or girlfriend) sit? V-Max....didn't they make that back when the Rolling Stones started out?
Dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 10:56 AM   #85
churb
Founding Member

Guys: I would have waited until I could get ahold of the Yamaha Warrior for the comparo. That, in my humble opinion, is the "proper" power cruiser to use vs. the V-Max. At least in this current bunch.
churb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 11:40 AM   #86
Todd8080
Founding Member

"I take great offense at you implying that those who ride Japanese products are not true patriots. I'll leave it at that."

I didn't mean to imply anything. Let me state it clearly: any American who consciously chooses to support Japan's economy above their own leaves no doubt as to where their loyalties lie.

Harley-Davidson continues to make the best motorcycles in the world, and if you go out of your way to buy from a foreign country, you're not only an unwise shopper, you're no friend to America (I won't use the word "traitor" because I don't want you to soil your diapers).
Todd8080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 12:18 PM   #87
markszrz
Founding Member

Todd,

No dought the VROD is a great bike. Hey as a matter of fact, they are "ALL" great bikes. I amazed at your 1 sided hypocritical attitude towards any bike or anyone that doesn't ride a Harley. I am further amazed that you would even mention "Old Glory" in your statement. Maybe you have forgotten, but this is America and we have the right to buy and ride what ever the hell we want. Maybe there is a few locations on this earth that fellow riders like yourself can go and not be bothered by us "Americans" riding what we spend our hard earned money on. I got it - China and Afghganistan.
markszrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 12:50 PM   #88
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default the Magna's a pretty weak example

ever heard of a Kawasaki Eliminator? But anyway, those are both fours, and if you're talking about fours the magna isn't worth mentioning next to a V-max, and the eliminator is just barely since they don't make it anymore. But HD is using a superbike derived twin, and the biggest difference is it's not detuned. Well it is, but it's enlarged to compensate so it makes about the same hp as a TL1000 motor, and does it in a lower range.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 01:13 PM   #89
aminalmutha
Founding Member

You obviously don't get a lot of things, do you. Economics being one of them. You give Americans a bad name.
aminalmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 01:17 PM   #90
aminalmutha
Founding Member

Oh, yeah, you also give Harley riders and motorcyclists in general a bad name too.
aminalmutha is offline   Reply With Quote