Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-02-2001, 08:00 AM   #51
hdpetey
Founding Member

Default Re: Ride what you want

It's nice to have many choices that way the consumer can buy what they think is best. There is no best and no worst, only opinions.

We all know who will likely win in sales and profits. You have to love Milwaukee!
hdpetey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2001, 08:07 AM   #52
Philbiker
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 Power Cruisers Reader Feedback

Great troll!!!
Philbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 08:11 AM   #53
Lateshow321
Founding Member

Default Warrior will kick ass..just give it some new pipes

I just read the second review of the warrior on MC daily..I have to agree with nick..The Warrior is the one.

A great bike has to do more than one thing.

Honda VTX - Power, but no brakes or chasis, couldn't they make it cheaper looking, or longer??

HD V-Rod - Power, so-so brakes, rakeish front end just wants to go straight and $20,000.00 give me a brake

Kwaker Meany Weany - no power, but great brakes What gives with the name????

V-Max Please!!!! its not a cruiser its an Mullet Machine , remeber the band Warrant???

Yamaha Warrior - Power!!, Brakes!!, Chasis!!, Handling!! = B-A-L-A-N-C-E (just give it some new pipes) WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lateshow321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 08:15 AM   #54
Lateshow321
Founding Member

Default Funny Funny Funny.... eom

Old 11-02-2001, 08:20 AM   #55
Philbiker
Founding Member

Default Too bad it's butt ugly.....

That pipe is just WRONG on a cruiser. And the seam around the gas tank? Puh-LEASE!!!

MO got it right. The Streak is the best motorycle in the class. Without the most power, it has the best handling and brakes and best ride. Also, the fit & finish and appearance are the best of the bunch (with the possible exception of the V-Rod). Look at one in a showroom and you'll see what I mean. The billet wheels look like expensive aftermarket items. The tank is seamless, the pipes look aftermarket also. The fork and front end look incredibly clean and high tech.
Old 11-02-2001, 08:21 AM   #56
SilverBullet
Founding Member

Default Re: Update!

Sadly the Warrior looks don't quite match the very handsome Beef Steak... but if the ride is good maybe some of us will remember that it is not very often that we stop to look at ourselves while riding.

I'd say that a Warrior-Mean Streak shootout is in order.
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 08:22 AM   #57
Philbiker
Founding Member

Default By the way.....

I agree I would have liked to see the Warrior here,and it may have won! However, I've test ridden a V-Maxx and it is ONE F**KING AWESOME MOTORCYCLE, nice to see it's still getting press after all these years.
Old 11-02-2001, 08:26 AM   #58
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Its P O W E R! C R U I S E R not power clone.

Why is it that the V-Max loses points, for its styling? Its too standard? Its too muscle bike? So what, if it doesn't look like a Harley or the typical Japanese "clone". The V-Max I S a "cruiser" and it D O E S have the most Power (capital P) It will flat leave the other bikes in the twisties OR on the boulevard. It also sounds incredible with an after market exhaust (think pro-stock dragster) Granted the seat looks funny and the riding position is a little funky, but its nothing an aftermarket seat and a set of superbike bend handlebars wouldn't fix.
Old 11-02-2001, 08:27 AM   #59
Philbiker
Founding Member

Default How about some wallpaper MO????

I would love some high resolution wallpaper of these bikes like you've done occasionally in the past. Put your logo on or something! I think the Mean Streak is beautiful, and it looks even better in real life than in a mag!
Old 11-02-2001, 08:28 AM   #60
Lateshow321
Founding Member

Default They can't win, because they won't produce enough bikes

With the introduction of a completely NEW model, Harley is intentionally keeping production numbers "timid", until they have successfully "tested the waters". Once you factor in FIVE +years of R&D, They won't see any "PROFITS" until they sell 200,000+ units!!!!!!

SO...they won't win any way you look at it...

They have conceded the sales contest by producing limited numbers. By spending as much as they have, they won't make any money .

They could start to make some profit "on this platform" when they have three or four bikes built on it and are producing more than the paltry sum they have planned for this year..

Sorry for the tone of this response but You've Got To Be Kidding with your original statement about Harley "winning" in sales and profits on this bike