Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-25-2001, 11:04 AM   #261
yamaharidder
Founding Member

Default Re: Where

I agree....I think they are testing snowblowers already when they pick the Kawasaki as the winner....one of the testers must of bought one and can't sell it.
yamaharidder is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2001, 01:38 PM   #262
BigGit
Founding Member

Default And now for something completely different...

...how about a shootout between:

the Honda Rebel 250,

the Kawasaki Eliminator 125,

the Suzuki GZ250, and

the Yamaha Virago 250
BigGit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 02:49 AM   #263
BigGit
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 Power Cruisers Reader Feedback

Here's a possibility:

Moto Guzzi Special Sport

Harley-Davidson XL1200S Sportster Sport

BMW R1200C

Kawasaki Mean Streak

Triumph Thunderbird
Old 12-02-2001, 03:39 PM   #264
Loudpipes
Founding Member

Default Eric likes Cruizers

Today I was watching Speedvision, and Eric Bostrom was on. He was talking to someone about street riding. He mentioned that he had a Vulcan that he loved to ride on the street. People might say, "oh he just needs a break on the street b/c he probly hates riding sport bikes b/c it's like work."

I don't agree, if anything, he is more than used to them (sport bikes) by now. Hey, if cruisers are good enough for wunderkind uber-fast ERic Bostrom, then they are Definitely good enuff 4 me.
Loudpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 10:30 AM   #265
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Cruizers Vs. Sportbikes

You most certainly CAN wheelie a V-max. It's far easier than you think.
Old 12-05-2001, 07:30 AM   #266
BlainetheMono
Founding Member

Default Re: To get it out of the way...

The 85 Kawasaki 900 Eliminator kicked the ASS of EVERYTHING rolling back then in an 8th mile race, except the 3 cylinder ring-dings. I would put it up against ANYTHING on the road today in the same race, including the V-Max. My nephew has a firecracker red 85 elim with 7k miles on it in PRISTINE shape!! Its not a belly-buttom bike, gets compliments EVERYWHERE it goes, is reliable, sexy and FAST. NOT so with the Magma. Though a reliable bike, I found them ugly as hell with that Burgandy paint job, and black engine. Kinda like the CTX500, it gets NO respect. Sorry guys, Ill take the Elim 900 over a Magma ANY day of the week, and probably win more money on stop light to stop light drag races.....
BlainetheMono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 07:34 AM   #267
BlainetheMono
Founding Member

Default A Harley is a FAKE bike, More like a car with 2 less wheels

Expensive, overwieght, sold by the pound, ancient technology and its powered by a rubber band....If I wanted to be a 1%er, I would have joined the Hells Angels.....Not to mentioned Japanese technology in the engine and Chinese aftermarket parts, make the Harley a dim replica of its hay day.....
Old 12-05-2001, 07:43 AM   #268
BlainetheMono
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 Power Cruisers Reader Feedback

Almost as funny as when Harley riders ask me why I didnt buy American. I repsond with, I like performance.....Anything Un-American about wanting performance??? That usually shuts them up.... LOL
Old 12-08-2001, 01:11 AM   #269
BigGit
Founding Member

Default Re: Eric likes Cruizers?

I guess you must have confused the "Reply" for this message to the "Reply To This" for the overall thread at the top of the page, 'coz this has nothing to do with the micro-cruiser test I proposed...
Old 12-12-2001, 10:16 AM   #270
dlrph
Founding Member

Default Re: It wouldn

I have to comment on your misguided opinion that a V Max handles like crap-is that compared to a VRod or a sportbike? With the proper modifications a VMax will handle at the 80th percentile in sportbike performance with a good rider that is not intimidated. But even without modifications a VMax will totally embarrass a VRod on any twisty road in America. Have you actually driven either bike? I have and the ground clearance on a VMax is far better-hell I've only touched down once in 4 years of riding my Max thru all kinds of switchbacks and sweepers. The Max also has a much better balance and response as you lean the turns-it does not ever feel like it wants to fall down like a VRod. In this comparison IMO the VMax wins hands down overall. The only real complaints are in styling, which is VERY subjective, and ergonomics. If you are 5-10 to 6 ft tall and normal build a VMax fits just fine. Anyone looking to buy a power cruiser should definitely RIDE each bike first, then look at your wallet. A VRod is beautiful(subjective) but take a good look-Harley has finally copied someone else(VMax!). And after gouging $10-15K more-boy are you gullible! I can easily afford a VRod but I get offended when a company or a dealer(same thing) tries to steal my money and insult my intelligence. Why do you think VMax has lasted for 17 years basically unchanged. Viva la Max!!!!
dlrph is offline   Reply With Quote