Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-16-2001, 02:11 PM   #251
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default Uhh cars,I think that

Uhh cars, I think that's why we are discussing POWER Cruisers here, because we're all on the same page that underpowered cruisers (like Evo powered HDs, Kwaker Vulcans, Honda Shadows, Suzuki Intruders etc.) are not very fun. However bikes like the V-Rod and the new Yamaha Warrior sound like alot of fun. The new Kwaker meanie, while being a step in the right direction is vastly underpowered to be a true "power cruiser". The V-Max, as has been stated here numerous times is not a cruiser. Even though the its in the comparo, it doesn't belong. MO didn't think that one through before including it. They should have waited a week and got the new RoadStar Warrior.

Lateshow is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2001, 05:16 PM   #252
v4bryan
Registered Member

Default Re: Speaking of which...

Ahem... actually, I'm riding an '84 V65 Magna-bone stock except for the K&N and a jet change- and she dyno'ed out at 105.9 hp last thanksgiving. I figure Honda's claimed 116 at the crank and HD's 115 at the crank oughta be about the same at the rear wheel when you factor in weight, drive, etc.
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 05:31 PM   #253
v4bryan
Registered Member

Default Re: the Magna

Which Magna? The current generation, or the V65 which the V-Max competed against? I would argue that the V-Max and the V65 were virtual matches in performance, although the V65 was faster in the quarter mile with less displacement...
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2001, 11:13 PM   #254
BigGit
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 Power Cruisers Reader Feedback

Just a note to let you know that H-D stopped making the FXDS (Dyna Convertible). If you're thinking about the Super Glide Sport, then that's the FXDX. The Super Glide T-Sport, H-D's "sport touring" bike (howls of laughter and screams of outrage duly noted) is the FXDXT.
BigGit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 07:59 AM   #255
work2fish
Founding Member

Default Re: To get it out of the way...

I respect you guys for choosing the Streak. We'd all be served better if you chiseled off the name plates of these bikes and simply called them Bike A, Bike B, Bike C, so only the bike's ride remains.
work2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 12:52 PM   #256
Beethoven
Founding Member

Default Re: wrong wrong wrong

Oh puleeze! Not the "you lads in the colonies need to show respect for your betters" attitude. Give me a break! Morons? Airheads? Stupid? Guess which kids in my class make fun of the the other kids for being slow? I'll give you a hint - it's not the smart ones.
Beethoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 06:08 AM   #257
Loudpipes
Founding Member

TRU THAT!!!

Anyone who has even a basic understanding of economics will agree with the statement that (generally) "everyone gains from trade."

Let's say America has an absolute advantage in cruisers and sportbikes (for example). However, it would be worth it's while to simply specialize in one. Let's say cruisers. That will lead to lower unit costs and higher productivity, and leave another country (Japan) to specialize in sportbikes. We get their quality sportbikes and they get our cruisers.

Get it? Todd8080.

Anyway, I think you assert the opposite of most America-related sentiment around the world. Go to any country around the world. What do you see?

Coke, Pepsi, McDonald's, Dell, Intel, Harley-Davidson, etc. All AMERICAN companies. The influence of America is more pervasive than any other country in the world.

You talk about the economy. The US economy is the strongest in the world, that is people here have the highest wages in the world! So WHO ARE YOU TO COMPLAIN and parrot your statement, BUY AMERICAN!!!??!!!

America is about CHOICE, it is a melting pot for people of all races and countries. There is an AMERICAN Honda division that makes bikes for us, as Americans. For you to state that a person/company is not American simply because of their background is Racist!

Loudpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 06:31 AM   #258
Loudpipes
Founding Member

Default Cruizers Vs. Sportbikes

For the moment leaving out, tourers, sport tourers, etc., and concentrating on cruisers, stds, etc;

if you can't wheelie it, it is not a sportbike or a std.

You can't (normally anyway), wheelie a harlie or v-max, etc.

PS: Special Cases don't count. It is possible, rarely, to wheelie a car, but it doesn't happen, with any appreciable frequency.
Loudpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 01:52 PM   #259
BigGit
Founding Member

<blockquote> For you to state that a person/company is not American simply because of their background is Racist! </blockquote>

No, actually it's xenophobic, which is just as bad. If he accepts BMW while condemning Honda for foreign infiltration, THEN he's racist!
BigGit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 11:02 AM   #260
yamaharidder
Founding Member

Controversial? After reading you guys for a awhile, and having a chance to ride these models recently (Except the Yamaha Warrior..I am VERY curious about that one.) I think the Honda was like a different model than the one I rode (or the one you guys wrote about ealier this year). It handled better then the rest of the bunch and the bet motor of the bunch. What's up with you guys?

yamaharidder is offline   Reply With Quote