Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-11-2001, 06:52 PM   #241
Rob-SV650
Founding Member

Default Try this...

I ride a V65 Sabre too and I know exactly how you feel.

Check out the FJR1300 - except for the inline engine (and the fact that it's a different company), this is what the V65 Sabre grew up to be. "Effortless speed" is how cycle world described it - sound familiar? Now if Yamaha would stuff a V-Max engine in one that would be all she wrote, I'd be the first name on the waiting list. Too bad that even in inline form it's Europe only right now . BAD YAMAHA!
Rob-SV650 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2001, 06:57 PM   #242
Rob-SV650
Founding Member

Default Re: To get it out of the way...

The Eliminator never made sense to me - the inline 4 engine seems so out-of-character for a badass styled bike. Bikes like this need engines with a more burbling sound like twins or V4's...
Rob-SV650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 05:16 AM   #243
Lateshow321
Founding Member

Default Re: VALKYRIE?!?!?

Forget about all these weenie cruisers...if you want power get on a Boss Hog with a 350ci V-8 motor.

Now that's power!!!!! and you can tow your boat to the lake or your camp trailer to Sturgis

LOL ROFLMAO
Lateshow321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 08:22 AM   #244
maximmax
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey Maxi....You V-Max guys are all the same

Hey late show, The boost king is a prototype which they won`t build. THe V-Max is a cruiser, as I stated it is more than happy to putt along all day at 45mph, hell you could even keep it in any gear you want, it`s perfectly sedate. And you called a VMAx lil! What do you ride, it better be a Boss HOss, thats the only way your ignorance would be justified! Nothing is passing the Max that has a humane seating position, And you didn`t put me in my place, the fact I own a Max did, way out in front! Don`t worry I`ll eventually stop, so you can catch up, but remember when you get there, your not gonna look as cool either! Yamaha is just waiting for all the other losers to show their hand before they drop the ultimate bomb, a 2000 cc Max, HA ha , ha ha ha, a ha ha ha aha, I`ll see you in Hell ass !
maximmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 08:25 AM   #245
maximmax
Founding Member

Default Re: oops!! Yamaha V-Max was a response to the V-65 Magna

Hey late show, The boost king is a prototype which they won`t build. THe V-Max is a cruiser, as I stated it is more than happy to putt along all day at 45mph, hell you could even keep it in any gear you want, it`s perfectly sedate. And you called a VMAx lil! What do you ride, it better be a Boss HOss, thats the only way your ignorance would be justified! Nothing is passing the Max that has a humane seating position, And you didn`t put me in my place, the fact I own a Max did, way out in front! Don`t worry I`ll eventually stop, so you can catch up, but remember when you get there, your not gonna look as cool either! Yamaha is just waiting for all the other losers to show their hand before they drop the ultimate bomb, a 2000 cc Max, HA ha , ha ha ha, a ha ha ha aha, I`ll see you in Hell
maximmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 08:23 AM   #246
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey Maxi....You V-Max guys are all the same

Maxi-Pad, your words are the rantings of a lunatic... you could certainly out accelerate me in the straights, but you could never keep up in the canyons.

The V-Max has never been a cruiser, is not a cruiser now, and never will be. You say its a cruiser if you can putt around at fourty mph. The definition of what makes a cruiser is a "styling" question and the V-Max doesn't fit into that category. In fact if you read on you'll find my comments eluding to the fact that the V-Max is ONE BIKE in a ONE BIKE CATEGORY....so just enjoy doing what it is that your bike does well, going real fast in a straight line.

Suzuki will build the Boost King, probably without the Supercharger. Just look at the Buzz it has created. I hope that Yamaha DOES release a new Max for this century. I hope they're smart enough to drop the shaft, build a high performance suspension, and throws in some R-1 brakes. Then they might have achance to keep up with the Mighty Boost King!!!

If you're planning on going to hell, I hope you'll find some happiness there...but you won't find me there!!

good luck
Lateshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 09:31 AM   #247
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default The last word...so to speak

Maxi-Pad, your words are the rantings of a lunatic... you could certainly out accelerate me in the straights, but you could never keep up in the canyons.

The V-Max has never been a cruiser, is not a cruiser now, and never will be. You say its a cruiser if you can putt around at fourty mph. The definition of what makes a cruiser is a "styling" question and the V-Max doesn't fit into that category. In fact if you read on you'll find my comments eluding to the fact that the V-Max is ONE BIKE in a ONE BIKE CATEGORY....so just enjoy doing what it is that your bike does well, going real fast in a straight line.

Suzuki will build the Boost King, probably without the Supercharger. Just look at the Buzz it has created. I hope that Yamaha DOES release a new Max for this century. I hope they're smart enough to drop the shaft, build a high performance suspension, and throws in some R-1 brakes. Then they might have achance to keep up with the Mighty Boost King!!!

If you're planning on going to hell, I hope you'll find some happiness there...but you won't find me there!!

good luck
Old 11-16-2001, 03:55 AM   #248
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Default Where's the Valkyrie???

As long as we're allowing non-V Twin bikes into this comparison test, why not test the Honda Valkyrie. It is very fast and handles very well for its size. The Valk is more of a cruiser than the V-Max.

Don't tell me MO didn't think of that. You guys are really falling short of the mark. How about some more snowblower articles? Also, is the SV650/ZR-7/M750 comparison test coming out before or after your full-length feature on lawn tractors? Stick to motorcycles...and give us more....please!
Old 11-16-2001, 09:32 AM   #249
troy98max
Founding Member

Default Re: oops!! Yamaha V-Max was a response to the V-65 Magna

Hey bate-show, ever heard of the Venture touring machine. Seems that thing has a v-4 ... hummm.
troy98max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 01:56 PM   #250
Lateshow
Founding Member

Default Venture = Touring machine...your words

has nothing to do with anything.

Put a V-four in you scooter