Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-05-2001, 09:15 AM   #171
cruiz-euro
Founding Member

Default They are all rip-offs

You are so right . They are all blatant HD copies. I even noticed the other day that my lawn mower Briggs and Stratton has also ripped off HD styling clues i.e. the cooling fins on the engine. We have to put the stop to this aping of real machines (HD). You are our man CarsSuck, carry on!

cruiz-euro

cruiz-euro is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2001, 09:25 AM   #172
cruiz-euro
Founding Member

Default Beethoven don´t take part in analytical competitions

Well if the cruisers should sound like harleys there are suddenly a lot of more cruisers in the world as the liquid cooled V2 now classifies too. Gee I have read lot of stupid definitions of a cruisers but yours takes the bisquit.

cruiz-euro

Old 11-05-2001, 10:02 AM   #173
cruiz-euro
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 Power Cruisers Reader Feedback

It looks you guys on the wrong side of the Atlantic Ocean have confusion over the definition of a cruiser.

Some moron wrote that it has to have footpegs in the front, other that is must sound like a HD.

Even the MO types got it totally wrong writing baloney about some obscure ability of fast riding on tight bends and pegs touching the ground and other such crap.

Cruiser is a bike which is designed for cruising. Cruising is done on a leisurely pace in a relaxed manner.

From this we can derive number of requirements for a "cruiser", one of them being a whopping torque on the low end. Consequently V-Max and V-Rod do not fulfill the basic requirements of a cruiser – unless you are willing to cruise at 4000+ RPM looking like a complete perv (which, judging by the contributions of this thread, quite a few look like anyway).

cruiz-euro

Old 11-05-2001, 10:02 AM   #174
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Default Re: But, Erik Buell has said he

While I must concede that Mr Buell is much more learned about engineering and bikes than I am, I can't see how an air cooled engine can be as efficient as a liquid cooled one. I've an air/oil cooled GSXR1100 and you really notice power losses in hot weather/hard running. I must, therefore, assume the air cooled remark had to do with a company that, up until now, had no liquid cooled engines.
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 10:09 AM   #175
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Default Re: Just my opinion, but...

Man people are missing the point about Vmaxes.

The bike from it's very beginnings was meant to be too much of everything! Too much power (not possible but good try), wild styling with the engine as a focal point and in your face looks - sure the fake air scoop is dumb... but it fills out the 'big bad big block drag machine' focus of the Max.

Let's judge it for what it is meant to be... FUN, in your face fun and slightly over the top.

Ok, I'm done. Anyone have a used Vmax for sale???
Old 11-05-2001, 10:19 AM   #176
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Default Re: Rode a Harley for the first time...

I like your post. I test rode 3 metric "big bore" cruisers and found the same thing. A lot of fun under 80kmh. You could whack open the throttle at 20kmh in top gear and get ok power and wild engine vibes. Fun seating position, funky noise and the illusion of power. I can see how some people would like them. I'll have to stick with sporty/tourey/dually bikes though as I like a little bit of performance. Guess if I won the lottery I'd pick up one for giggles.
Old 11-05-2001, 10:30 AM   #177
nbyers
Registered Member

Amen, baby. It's my pet peeve too.
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 10:35 AM   #178
tbuse
Founding Member

I always love it when a non-Harley owner professes to be an authority on what Harley owners want. That's almost as funny as an unmarried or divorced marriage counselor.
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 10:36 AM   #179
ironmike
Founding Member

Default ..now, Fox, it

...to make sport of a poor soul who's suffered a parochial education... :-{
ironmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 10:44 AM   #180
jagalvin
Registered Member

Why change it. It still kick ass, including all in this comparo.
jagalvin is offline   Reply With Quote