Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-24-2001, 03:52 PM   #101
tony
Founding Member

Default Re: I am sorry, but you are a moron

Actually as a 47 year old person that still runs 30 miles a weak I'd say he won. I love to ride but I also realize that as time goes by I'm not as responsive as I once was. A lot wiser and with wisdom from year to year also comes the acceptance that I don't heal or work like I use to. I don't think there are more couch potatoes at 60 then at 25 but it is much harder to over come the effects of excess weight at 65 then 25.
tony is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2001, 03:12 AM   #102
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default No, YouSuck

some history on myself - i've been riding since i was 13. built my first bike at age 15(CB350 twin basketcase), got my motorcycle license when i was 18. rode from south carolina to long island when i was 19(800 miles) on a CB400F, drafting 18 wheelers at 90mph along the way...

i'm now 38 and my "squid" years are behind me. i have owned, maintained, and rebuilt many bikes along the way. i currently ride a '98 V-Max. i'm in the process of designing a single-sided hub steering front suspension(not for the max). i am NO politician, dude, but i do have a clue as to what is needed to make motorycles safe, unlike yourself. oh, and CarsSuck, when you turn 21 then you can come talk motorcycles w/me
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 04:59 AM   #103
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default still an asss-hola

obviously you have nothing to say
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 05:06 AM   #104
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Ha.......

I have a buddy who coasted his BMX bike down this huge, 1/4 mile hill by his house (in a small town.) At the bottom of the hill was the main intersection in town. Just as he was nearing the bottom, traveling probably 35 MPH, a tractor-trailer pulled into the intersection. It was a cold day, late fall, and the road was a bit wet and slightly icy. He had no choice-----he laid it down and slid directly underneath the moving semi, all the way across the intersection. He then proceeded back up the hill to his house to change his underwear.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 05:14 AM   #105
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Default You think that's a joke?

I have been lining my hat with foil for years. It is the only effective way I've found to keep the CIA from beaming thoughts into my head. So far, Reynold's heavy-duty aluminum foil seems to work best. I tried Saran Wrap, but it just made my head sweaty.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 05:15 AM   #106
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default ABS is very good in cars...

Have YOU driven a car with ABS? I mean a good car, not a Chevy Cavalier. A BMW, Mercedes or Jaguar? Even a VW with ABS perhaps? Good ABS systems can stop a car in slippery conditions faster that even the best race-car driver. And they keep the car pointed straight ahead while doing it. I live in Minnesota, and ABS was invented for the packed snow and ice that usually covers the roads here. It is a beautiful idea for those who know how to use it properly. I have driven high-end cars in snowy conditions, and it is simply amazing what the ABS and traction control systems are able to do in cars these days. Now, it doesn't make you invulnerable, so an idiot can't rely on them to keep them out of trouble, but for a hot-shot driver such as myself who would like to relax and talk on the phone instead of paying attention to what I'm doing, all these electronic doohickies are really cool!!
Old 10-25-2001, 05:20 AM   #107
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Lanesplitting.....

Maybe he should do some lanesplitting with a shotgun attached to the side of his bike a'la Terminator 2. That should keep those nasty SUV drivers civil.
Old 10-25-2001, 05:24 AM   #108
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Waiting lists?

Are you serious?

Having only dealt with the DMV in the state in which I reside (Minnesota) I don't have the benefit of experience with any other states. There are definitely no "waiting lists" here to get a MC license. I can't believe you actually have to wait on a list to get one somewhere else.
Old 10-25-2001, 06:47 AM   #109
bloodyserb
Founding Member

Default Re: Black Jetta with blond driver equals DEATH

I've noticed a similar trend with black Maximas. What's up with that?

bloodyserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 07:13 AM   #110
tbuse
Founding Member

Default Re: Waiting lists?

He's probably referring to waiting lists to get into a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course. Most states allow you to present your certificate to geta motorcycle endorsement without taking a seperate test.
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote