Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-04-2001, 09:03 AM   #1
VegasShawn
Founding Member

Default Re: Bonneville America reader Feedback

Kinda cool.
VegasShawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2001, 09:21 AM   #2
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Default Re: Bonneville America Reader Feedback

VERY nice. I'm impressed.

Triumph appears to be taking marketing seriously. While no power cruiser, it appears to have all the ingredients necessary to fit in with the cruiser crowd.

I like the heritage and the style. What I'd like to know is what V2 cruiser folks think of the new bonnie. I'm a sport, sport/standard kind of guy thus my tastes run to the cafe racer style but, in my opinion, that's a tasty lookin bonnie!
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 09:29 AM   #3
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

It's the most misbegotten cruiser since the Ducati Indiana. Why would anyone buy one? People who want retro-Triumphs want retro-Triumps that remind them of older Triumphs, not Triumphs that remind them of Harleys. If I were in the market for a new/old Triumph, I'd look at the Bonnie and the Thunderbird, which perform and handle. If I were in the market for a mid-displacement Harley repli-cruiser, I'd shop one of the Japanese brands. And if I found myself seriously considering the Bonneville America, I would schedule an appointment with an eye doctor, or maybe a psychiatrist.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 09:29 AM   #4
Das_E
Founding Member

Default Isnt it an old news?

Readable on www.bike-city.de <<< German Site today Triumph will release a big cruiser with 2179cc next year! As they comment the new Bonnie America is just a test - in a way Triumph did before - built a bike out of a former version to release the next and better step one year after.

To understand the German text maybe use altavista's babelfish at world.altavista.com ... it's a worse translation but better to understand than the origin ;o)
Das_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 09:38 AM   #5
Das_E
Founding Member

Default sorry I postet this as a repley 8o)

Readable on www.bike-city.de <<< German Site today Triumph will release a big cruiser with 2179cc next year! As they comment the new Bonnie America is just a test - in a way Triumph did before - built a bike out of a former version to release the next and better step one year after.

To understand the German text maybe use altavista's babelfish at world.altavista.com ... it's a worse translation but better to understand than the origin ;o)
Das_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 09:39 AM   #6
kingron
Founding Member

I really like what Triumph has done with the new Bonneville. I will have to go on down to the dealership when they arrive. Who knows, I might have to take one home.
kingron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 10:03 AM   #7
nustar1
Registered Member

Default Re: Bonneville America reader Feedback

I agree it looks like a nice bike. Definitely a change of pace from the Hardleys and Metric Cruisers. I don't know if it will do well in the U.S. but I think that it is a great attempt. To me it looks comfortable without being a couch.

Good Job Triumph
nustar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 10:06 AM   #8
biker_911
Registered Member

I've been a H-D rider for the past 6 years. Currently I've got a 1200

Sportster. I would definitely be interested in the Bonneville America.

The styling is pretty spot on, especially with the factory accessories. My other bike is a Triumph Sprint ST with all the factory options. If the new Bonnie is as good a bike as my Sprint ST is, then they have a for sure winner.
biker_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 10:10 AM   #9
Neal
Founding Member

Hmmmmm..very nice looking bike but I have to wonder--who will buy it.I would think that folk who buy it would have bought the standard Bonneville.

I dont think it will make major excursions into the Japanese "HD-like"cruiser crowd,the HD market or the power cruiser market.In other words I think Triumph may be competing against themselves.Maybe they will take some buyers from the BMW cruiser....the other "something different "cruiser.I wish triumph luck;I like their willingness to be different.Now,if they build a Bonneville cafe racer with a little more sport and a little more power....but Im not sure how many folk would buy that either.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 10:26 AM   #10
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

You've got a good point. Regarding the cafe racer bonnie... I'd be interested in one but I'd be much more inclined to purchase an 'original' bonnie and I wonder how many others would be of the same opinion. The bonnie may well be competing with itself.

Still, I think it looks great. A little more chunky than the bonnie without loosing its 'classic' lines.
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote