Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-28-2001, 01:20 PM   #121
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Here

Britten didnt have one, and the Bimota was $25000, while the Yam was $13000.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2002, 12:14 PM   #122
Scott_Casper
Founding Member

Default Re: Selling poorly my A$$

My wife bought a 2000 Triumph Ledgend (the red one), with upgraded pipes, engine cage, forward foot pegs, and saddle bags and loves it. Its a beautifull bike, people stop and compliment her on it.

For a while I rode a T'bird at the same time (ditched it for a speed triple) and no one ever complimented me on how good my bike looked. The color scheme, the styling, was diffrent enough from the Ledgend that well frankly the T'bird is an ugly bike when compared side by side with her Ledgend.

Its too bad they seem to have discontinued the Ledgend for the Bonneville America. One of the reasons she got the Legend was because it looked good with out looking like a Harley.
Scott_Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 07:59 PM   #123
Adrian_Leeds
Founding Member

Default Re: Bonneville America Reader Feedback

I like it alot. The new standard Bonneville is one of the nicest bikes I have seen in some time, and the 'America' is a good effort, also.

Refreshing to see something other than a v-twin sitting between the frame rails. It's an attractive engine.

I would like to have seen a tacho, and the pillion footpeg plates take a bit of getting used to. The other, more serious negative I have about these bikes is the header-pipes seem to 'blue' very quickly. Obviously they aren't double-skinned (on the standard bike, anyway). What causes that? Lean running?

This would definitely be a contender for my next bike - I have ridden various cruisers (not this one, yet) and my favourite to date, for overall competence, is the Kawasaki 800.
Adrian_Leeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 04:33 PM   #124
runner00
Founding Member

Default Re: Price comparisons

Well you really hit on something here. I have been considering a bike in this category

and the honda sabre is just a much better bike for the same money. Also I think a yamaha

v star with an oil cooler would be a better ride (1100). If Triumph increases the horse power

by about 10 ponies then I think they have something here . The wheel base is right on.

Everything is right on here if they just pump up the ponies.
runner00 is offline   Reply With Quote