Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-25-2001, 07:22 PM   #11
neoyetif2
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 Milan Show

Yeah I thought TDM the first time I saw a photo of it. I had a TDM. I think it was a little ahead of its time. The motor could have been stronger and the bike should have been lighter. Other wise I loved that bike. It seems like several knew bikes have taken some design clues from the TDM.
neoyetif2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2001, 07:24 PM   #12
neoyetif2
Founding Member

ughhh... replace "knew" with "new".

I is a grate speler.
neoyetif2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 07:59 PM   #13
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default To make you jealous/frustrated

You know that Europe is getting a new TDM 900 with an aluminum frame, right? Motorcycledaily did a bit on it.

Don't worry, though--when the US turns all of Europe into the 51st state, we'll get those bikes too.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 08:38 PM   #14
boxjoint
Founding Member

Default Yamaha Screwed Up!!!!

Overall, I think that Honda gave us the most this year. Correct me if am wrong, but did Yamaha solidify their lineup for the USA??? If so, they handed the Sport Touring keys to Honda (VFR, ST1300) and Kawasaki (ZZR1200). Just from reading posts on MO, people have been BEGGING Yamaha to send us the FJ1300R stateside. If this is the case, I can't see anybody holding out for the FJ and purchasing any one of the aforementioned models instead. Yamaha has a large selection of cruisers but offer slim pickins' in terms of sport models (Although the new silver R1 is HOT).

My personal favorite of this year would be the ZZR1200. Sure, the Honda models might have a little more technology, but the ZZR looks like a classy and simple ST for the masses. The color shown on this site for that model looks very good as well. My opinion might change after we see all of the Suzuki models for 2002 in Paris. I would like to see if they updated my favorite sport bike...The TL1000R.
boxjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 08:46 PM   #15
HyperBusa
Founding Member

That Suzuki V-StRom (not Storm) is the ugliest POS I've ever seen. The Gilera 600 is pretty cool looking, and the Aprilia is also hideous. I'm glad we will never be riding some of these. Looks aren't everything, but holy crapola!! A limit must be set!
HyperBusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 09:17 PM   #16
guzzi
Founding Member

U.S. wonÂ’t be getting V-Strom, TDM, new HawkGT or anything else besides Cruiser, tourer and sports bike anytime soon, because in this country motorcycle is basically a hobby, roads are wide and straight and there are plenty of parking spot for cars in the most of the country. And there are only 3 kinds of motorcyclist; Cruiser, tourer and sports bike.

In order for the big 4 to bring "something else" they would need to produce & import in mass quantity like the rest of the models to keep the price down but since the sales forecast will most likely be low the price for these "something else" models would be little high.

Then,

Cruiser guys who only ride few blocks (the most ignorant people but the biggest market) would say; "whereÂ’s the chrome", "it ainÂ’t low & long"

Tourer guys, who are the most picky people would say; "whereÂ’s the fairing, or itÂ’s too small", "whereÂ’s the hard bags, shaft drive, heat grip, ABS and etcÂ…", "motorÂ’s too buzzy, too small", "need something comfortable for 1000 mile a day ride"

Sports bike guys who are the most simple minded people would say; "too expensive, rather buy SV or CBR", "not fast enough", "more power!"

The big 4 says, "screw you guys, IÂ’m going home" (Eric Cartman / South Park). TheyÂ’re going to sell these somewhere else!

guzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 11:09 PM   #17
ozstrider
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha Screwed Up!!!!

The FJR1300 has been on sale in Australia for some time. However, you can't get the bags for it! A sport tourer without bags is like a sportsbike with no ground clearance.

Not interested. I'll stick with my '95 ST1100.

ozstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 02:38 AM   #18
johnz
Founding Member

Comet ?

Now theres an ominous name for a piece of transport machinery...
johnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 04:19 AM   #19
tony
Founding Member

far as I know they haven't released the Us offerings for this year. So far it was just early releases back in June. Bikes they sold out of in 2001.

Tony
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 04:27 AM   #20
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: GO HYOSUNG!

C'mon, Schip, the GS and EX haven't changed in years. They need updating badly. Have to agree the Bandits are good deals, although the 600 needs more motor.

Pete P.