Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-21-2001, 08:07 PM   #21
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default One syllable: VALK.

You sound like someone looking to buy a Valkyrie. I've heard those things can even wheelie if you set your mind to it. Go take a test ride--with the VTX around the Valk may not last much longer.

Or are you one of the types who wants a bike that handles like an Aprilia RS125, has the luggage capacity of a Goldwing, acceleration of a Hayabusa, fuel mileage of a Rebel 250, and seating accomodations of a Road King? You know, accepting some trade-offs is part of choosing a motorcycle. Motorcycle designers are NOT magicians--they have limits.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2001, 09:20 PM   #22
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: Silverwing

The original Silverwing was a 500cc transverse V-Twin. FYI.
Old 09-21-2001, 09:42 PM   #23
aminalmutha
Founding Member

Default Re: 919 over S4? People still read tank badges.

Screw the 'mystique' of a Ducati when you can have a dope streetfighter for a lot less. Man, I'm glad they're bringing the 919 to the US. Wheeww... Decisions, decisions.
aminalmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 09:47 PM   #24
aminalmutha
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 Honda reader feedback

Nine One Nine... Yeeeeeeeehawwwwwwww!!!
aminalmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 10:02 PM   #25
boxjoint
Founding Member

Default Re:Year 2002 flopppp!

Is it me or are a LOT of the bikes to be released for 2002 ugly,futuristic, fasion statements??? Honda seems to be the main event for 2002 however, it is the ST1300 that is the only major change other than the CBR. Most will argue that the VFR has had major updates...and it has, techically. The VFR did not loose a significant amount of weight and it gained only a few ponies. The ST 1300 gets a new aluminum frame and engine however..at 30 yrs old I for one am not ready for the station wagon of motorcycles.

The only bikes that will come out of 2002 that look tasteful are the new R1 and the Kawasaki ZZR1200. I don't see the new design standards (Triangles and bubbles) lasting for long. As a rider of the Kawasaki ZRX, I tend to appreciate a motorcyle that looks like a motorcycle...not a motorcycle that looks like a scooter.
boxjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 03:34 AM   #26
mj
Founding Member

150 HP power cruiser !!! Cruisers SUCK !!! The only squids that you will surprise are those that want to play on a straight road. Will you be taking that big bad POWER CRUISER to some local track days, where you could enjoy being spanked by the

"squids" on their little $ 5000 sv 650's. I think not !
mj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 03:50 AM   #27
motorpsycho
Founding Member

Default Mixed Feelings

At first glance at the new Honda lineup I was pretty excited but the high wore off quickly. I, like most people, was hoping for either a V-twin brawler that would compete with the 900 Monsters or something small and quick like the SV650. Honda is moving more towards the high-dollar-techno end rather than making bikes for the masses. Damn, I really wanted to like Honda but more and more Suzuki is looking like the dealer I want to shop at.
motorpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 04:01 AM   #28
stogieBill
Founding Member

Overall, quite an impressive lineup. I especially would like to thank Honda for the ST1300; for having the stones to bring it to the USA. Yamaha is dancing to a different beat with their FJR1300 only available to the europeans (for the second year now). I don't think I'd refer to it as a "station wagon of motorcycles", as another responder cited, but then I'm 50 and am not supposed to enjoy spirited rides, right?
stogieBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 04:43 AM   #29
goody
Founding Member

I agree, mostly. I had an '86 V65 and thought it was great, but....my '98 V-Max is pretty cool too. Honda needs to bring back a big displaement, V-4, bad-ass cruiser.
goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 08:15 AM   #30
Tyggyr
Founding Member

Default The new VFR "weighs" in...

Looking at honda's website, they claim that the new VFR is 490 pounds dry, compared to the old one's 463.

Is this a typo, or what the $@#! happened?
Tyggyr is offline   Reply With Quote