Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-25-2001, 06:12 AM   #111
jackbird
Founding Member

Default That's the danger -- badly burnt butt hole. What Then?

I loved the 1964 Honda 50's instruction book. It was translated into a hilarious parody of English. They got better and so did their bikes.

I'd love to see them keep advancing, and hope the rest of the world has enough money to buy them.

Hey, we may all think the Honda Reflux is too expensive and all have to go back to 50cc's again.
jackbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2001, 06:16 AM   #112
obiwanrazzy
Founding Member

Default Naked comparo!

Speed tripble sounds good to me. The more the merrier!
obiwanrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 06:27 AM   #113
jackbird
Founding Member

Default Lots of Good New Tire Development

Pirelli's significant patents and the great work done by Michelin on new tires for the Concorde benefit us cyclists. Realistically, I find few occasions to use more than a fraction of the power I have. Metal and composite mesh was what was showing through my front Metzler after 2k miles. The back tire had no tread anywhere but at least I was running on rubber and not the steel belt. I tried Pilot Sports next; so far so good. My birdie eats tires but I get a fair return on fun per dollar spent.
jackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 06:31 AM   #114
Philbiker
Founding Member

Default Don't forget the very tasty Kawasaki ZR7S in that class.

Looks at least as good as the competion and works very nice, too. Sporty, fun, stone cold reliable also.
Philbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 06:46 AM   #115
Philbiker
Founding Member

Default I agree.

Lots of modern bikes are ugly. Take a look at Kawasakis. Most of them look pretty nice, particularly the ZR-7S, ZRX1200, Drifters, Mean Streak, and the venerable ZX-7R.
Old 09-25-2001, 06:52 AM   #116
Philbiker
Founding Member

Default UGLY

Oh my gosh I can't believe how ugly the new VFR is. I just about lost my lunch when I first saw that picture. You should have a disclaimor up.

Then I saw the 919 picture.. Blllleeechhh!!! Holy crap that is about the most godawful styling I've ever seen. Those exhaust pipes sure are going to be convenient when throwing soft bags over (something that customers of this type of bike do often). That's about the stupidest exhaust system I've ever seen.

Somebody in the Honda factory has one BIG HONKIN' UGLY STICK and they're wacking it this way and that!!!!
Old 09-25-2001, 07:49 AM   #117
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: Fantasy bikes? Here

I think you hit the nail on the head, starv-o. There's really no bikes out there that combine desireability, performance and real affordability. I guess the SV650 comes closest. Where's the replacements for the 2 stroke 350s and such?

Cheap bikes used to be fun!

Pete P.

Old 09-25-2001, 08:30 AM   #118
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: That

Yeah, but they'll be 50 HP 50s.

Pete P.

Old 09-25-2001, 11:09 AM   #119
leroybrown
Founding Member

Default Re: 919 and Asphalt???

I'll have to counter your prediction with a slight clause.....I believe the 919 will sell and sell well IF they can find another color! What rider in his right mind wants a blaze color like that with a name that makes the skin shudder.....ever had road rash? And more, how about a little chrome, or at least brushed aluminum for the instrument housing and wheels??? I learned how to ride on an 84 Nighthawk S that was just dynamite-and more I bought it off the original owner squeaky clean for $2000! Beat that! But I have grown a taste for a little more power and handling yet with the same personality of the old Hawk! Paint that 919 red and black, add a little flash and it's mine!

Oh, and by the way....whoever said we don'r ride for hobby or pleasure lost their mind. Use yours for daily transportation if you like, but I ride for fun!
leroybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 11:23 AM   #120
leroybrown
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 Honda reader feedback

I agree with you about the street fighter after I read MotorCyclist's article on the NAS (New American Sports) If you haven't seen it yet, check it out! If Honda builds one, I'll be the first in line. It's a "naked" street fighter with the emphasis on sports that breaks all traditions and even goes with the litre V twin from the RC51. The bike is a dream come true if you are in love with the mechanical aesthetics of a well built machine! They say " and so we gave the New American Sports a highly personal, owner directed allure by incorporating a superior level of execution, using visible mechanical parts that are highly stylized and finely finished". Gosh, you don't have to be a machinist to appreciate the beauty of the machine. If it catches the eye and reverberates the soul, you got a winner! Mind you, I like the 919 and the FZ1, but polish that motor up and make it look like you didn't just pull the fairing off a racer!
leroybrown is offline   Reply With Quote