Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-24-2001, 09:30 AM   #91
aminalmutha
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 Honda reader feedback

The ZRX fairing does work. Not exactly Goldwing protection, but that's part of what makes motorcycling fun. I've done plenty of 300 to 500 mile day trips on naked bikes (I know, not exactly long distance touring), and can't say that I'm conciously thinking about extra comfort while riding. Anyways, I just hope Honda doesn't put a half fairing on it. If they keep it naked, you can always add a small aftermarket bullet or bikini fairing. One of the nice things about the 919 is that it looks to be customizable. Oh, and I can't say that I've ever had windburn on a bike.
aminalmutha is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2001, 09:45 AM   #92
jackbird
Founding Member

Default It would actually smell like an ignited fart

The guy in the bunk opposite mine in Marine boot camp ('66) would light his farts; they'd go Pop! with a flash, and then smell even worse than if he hadn't lit them. He stopped that after the blast took place inside of him once.

Ceramic and titanium engines might not need cooling as we have come to know it.
jackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 10:01 AM   #93
tbuse
Founding Member

Try throwing a Triumph Speed Triple into that mix.
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 10:12 AM   #94
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

Default And just what country are you living in???

While I like practical bikes myself, in the USA motorcycles are (for 90-something% of sales exclusive of police depts and funeral homes) just exactly what you said they are not. They are hobby and ego toys that *can* be used as real transportation but for the most part aren't. And that is exactly the market Honda is addressing. Indeed, they're going after quite a wide and motley assortment of weekend posers and those who want a big motor between their legs to compensate for what ain't --more than any other manufacturer in either hemisphere it would seem. Including that domestic one they've sworn to take back the #1 sales spot from in the USA. Maybe they will succeed, but I'll be looking elsewhere. I'm with you on that.
LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 10:13 AM   #95
tbuse
Founding Member

Default Re: Smaller do-it-all bikes

The Triumph Bonneville is a 790cc twin. The price is in the $7k range.
Old 09-24-2001, 10:24 AM   #96
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: By the way,

I remember the Bandit 400--I sat on one three years ago, but I was still in the "cruiser" phase and ended up getting a Shadow 600 instead. In retrospect, the B400 was pretty darned cool.

Don't worry Boxjoint, the "unfounded personal attacks" comment was directed at Yamaridder, not you. You ribbing about my financial situation is fine; him calling me a non-rider and a whiner is straight out of left field.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 10:27 AM   #97
tbuse
Founding Member

Default Re: RED? AGAIN???

My Triumph Speed Triple is Black. I don't notice any difference in morons whether I ride it or my Platinum Triumph Trophy 900. If you're looking for a VFR type bike, but wanted black, look at the Triumph Sprint ST or the Sprint RS. Nice bikes.
Old 09-24-2001, 10:38 AM   #98
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

Default There would already be 220 rwhp motorcycles if...

tire technology were up to it. AFAIK there are currently no mass-produced tires that would be safe and practical for real-world street bikes while at the same time able to transform such power into actual performance. Some manufacturer might make such a tire, but it's lifespan would be absurdly short. Until that obstacle is overcome every bike making much over 100 hp is already pushing the limits of street tire technology as it stands today.
LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 10:52 AM   #99
JTD
Founding Member

I welcome the Hornet (919) to America. Strangely enough, though, I thought it was an Italian philosophy to do away with rear view mirrors. Oh well, just keep the rpms up and you'll never have to look back.
JTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 11:11 AM   #100
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Default Where's the Valkyrie 1800?

Or the CBR 1400 XXXXX, the one that goes 246 miles an hour? Isn't their new slogan "performance first?" I have to give them credit, though; I never thought anyone would stuff a 600 CC engine into a recliner.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote