Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-17-2001, 08:30 PM   #51
TheFox
Founding Member

Default BAHAHAHA!!!

Now that is the funniest thing I have read in a LONG time!

Foxy

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2001, 10:47 PM   #52
moto
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 Yamaha R1 Reader Feedback

Jeez, everybody seems so interested in the colors - you either like it or you don't. Yamaha claims it to handle like a 600 with a 1000cc motor. Well, the old one sure didn't. Any of the 600s stomp it in the twisties. Have they truly improver the handling?
moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 11:07 PM   #53
Arrow
Registered Member

Default Re: All New Yamaha R1

Sometimes the pictures don't do bikes any justice, and this may be the case with the new R1. It is not as radical as I hoped it would be (technically) but it seems nice. I made the last R1 picture my wallpaper (blue and white with rider aboard) and I like it. I agree the 2000-2001 R1 looks better (for the time being at least) but a couple of months from now, we may like it better. As for the ZX7R, I hear you. But looking at Kawasaki's new models (as nice as they are) I doubt they will do anything new. Why they didn't back the new spec sheet with new styling I'll never know.
Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 12:18 AM   #54
painter
Founding Member

I like the new R1, but,,, I think they should have given it more power, Maybe not for the street but it does need it on the track. I race up here in washington and oregan. WMRRA,OMRRA. The two fastest guys up here are J. Dugan on a gixxer 1000 And mike sullivan on a R1. The are both former #1 plate holders, Dugan in 2000. Anyway when they race in the open supersport. The gixxer 1000 will pull about 5-6 bike lenghts every straight, and at the end of a 11 lap race it will have half the straight on the R1. Which means the club racers are going to be buying suzuki In the open class just like they do in the 600 and 750 class. Can you say Domination
painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 12:29 AM   #55
painter
Founding Member

I agree, you only need in on the track, But the club racer's will be buying the susuki 1000 I race a gixxer 750 in wmrra but would never have it for a street bike I have a zedx9 for the street. But a lot of people buy bike's they see winning on the tracks arround the country
painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 03:47 AM   #56
davidcorr
Founding Member

i kinda like it.

from an aesthetic standpoint, i think it's okay. tough to tell about the bodywork until you see it in person. but i like the grey/silver scheme. i'm not a big fan of the splashy, boy racer multi-color look found on so many other bikes. (of course, i'm 44, not 18!)

as far as performance is concerned, i appreciate yamaha's approach - whether deliberate or not.

i don't race and i don't ride at the absolute limit on the street. (even if i did ride at MY limit, it would be well short of an R1's limit!) so, more horsepower would be great for bragging rights, but not much use to me elsewhere.

however, making the power delivery more linear/manageable/useable is a good thing for me.

and making the bike feel lighter, respond better, and stick better to the irregular, non-track-like surfaces i find myself on is also a good thing.

if i owned last year's r1, this is where i'd spend my own money tweaking it.

when i come back from a ride, i check to see how much of the edge of my tires i've worn out. not the middle.

nice to be able focus on stuff like this again, isn't it? even if only for a few minutes.

davidcorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 04:30 AM   #57
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Re: What other magazines ?

US based Motorcyclist for one
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 04:34 AM   #58
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Get rid of the passenger seat?

Just because he posted a picture of an R1? Those girls must be dumber than a box of rocks......or maybe they're as a attractive as same.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 04:45 AM   #59
12er
Founding Member

Keepin' your eye on the Chicken Strip eh? www.activebike.com has an interesting story about the chicken strip. Though that site is the voice of reason at times.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 04:53 AM   #60
boxjoint
Founding Member

Default Re: Get rid of the passenger seat?

You made me spit coffee all over my computer with that reply
boxjoint is offline   Reply With Quote