Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-11-2002, 04:35 PM   #131
KrazyIvan
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 Yamaha R1 Reader Feedback

As soon as I saw the new R1/02 I was glad I wouldn't be lusting after it. It was ugly and too oversquare. The black frame does nothing for the looks, the rear tire hugger is too angular and overall it does not excite me. Power is a moot point to discuss, the bike already had all the power anyone can use.

for the R1, looks are what made millions like me go out and buy it.

I sincerely love the look of the original blue '98.

it still after 4 years has the best nose of any bike out there! I own a blue 00, and if I ever crash it, a 98 or 99 will replace it.

Yamaha should look back to the original look and update with FI, ram air, and less weight.

I still think the R1's are too heavy, all the comparison to GP bikes on various mags and reports were way off mark! The R1 should weigh fully around 390 lbs.

KrazyIvan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2002, 09:14 PM   #132
patirrojo
Founding Member

Default Re: All New Yamaha R1

I race an R1 and I fully agree. I had hoped that the new R1 would give me a chance to deal with the GSX-R1000 but unfortunately this does not seem to be the case. Yes, I will be buying the gixer next time round, even though I think the Yamaha's styling is a lot more cool! Brand loyalty can only go so far!

patirrojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 09:19 PM   #133
Rodeo
Founding Member

Default Ambassador of Sportbikes

Styling...Silver R1 -a stunner!Put a GSXR or HondaRR next to a Ducati ,MV Augusta,MotoGuzzi it will look so Japanese.Yamaha has moved the image of Japanese sportbikes in right direction.Motorcycle as performance tool yes ,but more than ever as Art and expression of individuality...R1 takes the lead.Lack of power is relative..skill of driving what truly needs to be adressed and all round handling.I will bet for non motorcyclist the R 1 will get most aRttention Good!!More people should admire ,purchase and ride motorcycles,it would make the world a better place.!!!As ambassador of sportbikes to uninitiated future motocyclists R 1 get my vote!!!!Zen and Art of Motorcycling Maintenance...YeeHaw!!!
Rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote