Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Year 2002 Yamaha R1 Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/844-year-2002-yamaha-r1-reader-feedback.html)

skidmark1 09-24-2001 09:11 PM

Japanese crack smokers

Yamaha's first crack smoking competition,The winner yamaha designers,The losers us!!!!!

skidmark1 09-24-2001 09:19 PM

Re: Japanese crack smokers

i agreen with him

yzf1070 09-25-2001 11:20 AM

Re: Year 2002 Yamaha R1 Reader Feedback

I think second look is selling those now....

shibby 09-25-2001 06:56 PM

I think Yamaha did an awesome job on the new r1... it has even better looks and power this year. And, the fuel injection is an awesome addition. I hope this fuel injection system is taken from the already proven r7....less development time, and less chances of glitches for those of us on the roads actually riding the bikes in stock form. The only thing is...what was Yamaha thinking with the grotesque, star-trekkish tail light....that is awful. The LED addition was really cool though!!!!!

shibby 09-25-2001 07:03 PM

Yeah, but the only thing is...you have to have around 26000 bucks to afford the overpriced Ducati. It's like saying..."yeah, I would like to drive a brand new corvette, but the ferrari's are also good as well" Are you an idiot?? Of course the Ducati is a status symbol and well worth all the hype, but for the normal rider, we could never justify spending that much money on a bike that is still slower than the new bikes from Suzuki and Yamaha, and it costs about twice as much. No thanks!!!!

NCRC51 09-26-2001 01:20 AM

R6 tail on an R1?

I do like the styling with the exception of the tail? Wonder if an R6 tail could be made to fit?

kurtiscrombie 09-26-2001 04:06 PM

puff diddy shibby, shibby puff, whatever

The point I was making was just that, its expensive for people with an income that can afford it, I agree that the bang for the buck is the Japanese Bikes for the consumer, I dont know about your speed comment either look at superbike results Ducati is supreme in the ultimate race circuit (not AMA). Good insight though, for the budget minded.

Phredd 10-01-2001 05:56 AM

Re: All New Yamaha R1

Sorry, the GSXR barely has new graphics.

Phredd 10-01-2001 06:01 AM

In spite of all of the comments here (good and bad), they will sell every single one of them again.

Get in line if you want one in February.

Gixxerboy 10-02-2001 04:36 AM

I have to admit, I do look at the latest bikes parked outside the coffee shoppes around here and check to see if they've done anything other than straight line riding on their R1's, GSXR1's etc. While the width of wear on your tyre is dependent on the width of the tyres and the front rear setup... it still gives an indication on just how squidly a poser is.

I and my riding friends use wear marks to see how hard we've been riding but we don't try to push the lines out WHEN we're riding...just ride hard and see if it was just perception or actual lean.

Draggin the pegs... on some bikes that is well nigh impossible.