Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-27-2001, 01:59 PM   #1
ken51
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW F650CS reader feedback

Good Lord.
ken51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2001, 02:10 PM   #2
stogieBill
Founding Member

Let me add to the first post. Godfrey Daniels! What an apparition! Maybe the BMW designers need to give Wheaties a try
stogieBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 02:10 PM   #3
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Hm. Well. That's um...

Er, well, I guess it's, uh...different! Yeah.

She's not much on looks, but she has a great personality and is a good dancer.

Seriously, Kudos to BMW for creating a practical, fun, durable and unintimidating transportation system. How many other manufacturers try to create their own niches like this?

If moptorcycles are marketed to the public as cheap, safe, reliable, fun and practical solutions for transportation problems, we might see the general public actually like and accept motorcycles for what they are, a sound component of a sensible and sustainable transportation systme, and not props for use by lawless hooligans and poseurs.

That's why I want everybody to go out and buy one of these things. Not me, God knows, it's too damn weird.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 02:25 PM   #4
G_J_Evans
Founding Member

ummm.... anyone see the movie Aliens???

(http://www.foxhome.com/alienlegacy/h...en_frames.html)
G_J_Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 02:31 PM   #5
CBR1000F
Founding Member

It's uuuuuuugly....

Now they've got the 1150 GS, that R1200C cruiser thingy and the F650S... are they TRYING to corner the market on ugly bikes?
Old 08-27-2001, 02:39 PM   #6
Hawkster
Founding Member

While it's not exactly my cup of tea, I gotta give the BMW designers credit for thinking outside the box. And the 650 platform is a good place to experiement. Heaven help them if they ever tried to mess around with their bread and butter: the sport touring market! I think people who ride dual-sports (and to some degree, standards) are used to strapping things to their bikes any way it'll fit, so the weird luggage and tank-top rack won't upset them. The styling? Well, maybe the functionality will help some get over it.
Old 08-27-2001, 02:39 PM   #7
dwindhorst
Founding Member

Default They who forget the past...

Hmmm. Maybe they should have called it the Atlantic Coast.
dwindhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 03:08 PM   #8
poopypants
Founding Member

Why is it that every time someone builds a bike that does'nt look like a Katana, everyone calls it ugly? I think this bike looks "kewl" man! Sort of a sophisticated KTM Duke. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big Beemer fan. Let's face it, they're usually under-powered, buzzy, and waaaaaaaay overpriced. But hey, we need bikes like this new F650. I'm tired of looking at sterile Japanese designs, no matter how technically supperior they are. Bikes should evoke some emotion dang it!! All you squids out there should get off your ZZYR Blastobusa's and try a lightweight single or twin sometime...........(ie.. MZ Skorpion, Suzuki SV650, Husqvarna SM610, Laverda Ghost)
poopypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 03:25 PM   #9
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Wow... you had me read like a book! Oh, waitaminit... no you didn't. I like the KTM Duke, I REALLY like the Suzuki SV650 (both the faired and the unfaired) and I like the Laverda Ghost... But that Bavarian Money Waster is just plain FUGLY. Oh, and so is the new Katana. :P
Old 08-27-2001, 03:32 PM   #10
Jaime
Founding Member

I thought the Mutant Ninja Turtles already had a bike built for them. BMW is a few years too late!
Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote