Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-28-2001, 02:49 PM   #81
Jaime
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW F650CS reader feedback

This bike doesn't need to explode into hundreds of misshapen components, it ALREADY HAS THEM!
Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2001, 03:40 PM   #82
aminalmutha
Founding Member

That's a pretty hasty generalization, saying that someone interested in a certain type of bike would never consider another type of bike for similar purposes. To me, the CBR is actually fairly comfortable, and I'd be happy doing some long trips on it. I just couldn't bring the kitchen sink. I know one person who is in the market for a new bike, and his list consists of pretty broad range of bikes. Enough of this apples and oranges crap. Bikes are bikes, and each does certain things better. Different people buy different bikes for different reasons.
aminalmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 03:51 PM   #83
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: Not as practical as you

Oh yeah, good point. My bad.
Old 08-28-2001, 03:54 PM   #84
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: My Cousin Bubba says. . .

Yes...
Old 08-28-2001, 03:55 PM   #85
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW F650CS: Buck Rodgers Edition

ROTFLMFAO!
Old 08-28-2001, 03:56 PM   #86
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Well, they're PRE-misshapen... they still need to explode.
Old 08-28-2001, 04:05 PM   #87
aminalmutha
Founding Member

Tell me, is it really true that all those who ride plasic clad sport bikes are squids? Are all those bikes actually uncomfortable to all people? I don't think so. There are people out there that use their 'crotch rockets' for transportation as well as for enjoyment. Canyon carving does not necessarily make one a squid. Let's try not to generalize, ok?
aminalmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 04:24 PM   #88
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: Not as practical as you

So Japanese budget bikes are poor quality, unreliable, and expensive to fix? Funny, I thought the CB750 and the EX500 were two of the most reliable bikes on the road. I guess it's just my imagination that there are plenty of them out there with 50k-100k miles on them, still running great...
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 04:27 PM   #89
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: About ugly...

Yes they are.

At least me and a bunch of other people say so. That's my whole point--that "ugly" is opinion, not indesputable fact (like "liquid cooled" or "blue"). Whenever you have a radical-looking bike like the CS or the Speed Triple, some will call it "daring and different" and some will call it "ugly."
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 04:32 PM   #90
wannabebiker
Founding Member

BMW took a chance but it didn't work out. The CS is two wheeled answer to the Pontiac Aztek. As versatile as a Swiss army knife but as ugly as sin. I like the GS and am strongly considering getting one as my first bike. I like the idea of an SUV bike 85% road and 15% off road. Though I'm also seriously looking at the Bandit 600s, the SV650 and the KLR due to price. Now if Suzuki would just put the SV650's engine into an "adventure tourer" with good hard bags I'd be sold.
wannabebiker is offline   Reply With Quote