Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-31-2001, 03:34 AM   #111
Haird
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW F650CS reader feedback

Like I said, the perfect commuter. It even keeps cars a minimum of 10 feet away. Derisive laughter saves lives...
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2001, 12:16 PM   #112
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Cool, another bike I like - talk about a bike with it's own style...most non bikers (and many bikers) haven't ever heard of a KTM.

Price tho... I'll stick with my 86 Gixxer... can I have your headlights?
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 02:49 PM   #113
Deissman76
Founding Member

Default Re: Different Design isn

Hey im strange i guess and i like it. Colors could change, maybe boost up some hp out of it...hell i might evem want to buy one if its not overpriced!
Deissman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 05:04 AM   #114
BigGit
Founding Member

O.K. I don't really have anything to add to what's been said here, but I'll give my impressions anyway.

It's ugly.

It's damn ugly.

It's goddam ugly.

It's goddam mother-fugly.

And please note: I liked the PC800 Pacific Coast, I liked the CX500, I like the R1150R, I like the T-Max. Form follows function on those bikes. Form follows LSD on this one.
BigGit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 05:14 AM   #115
BigGit
Founding Member

Default OBTW...

...if that's the future of motorcycling, then long live the past! Give me an XL883R or a Nighthawk 750 or a GS500E or even a Helix over that flying baloney any day! Yes it's probably faster than all of the above but you'd have to ride faster to stay ahead of the derision, and if it was as fast as a GSXR1000 it still wouldn't outpace it...

And for those who say looks shouldn't matter if you're after solid, reliable transportation, I say that if you're going to work you don't want to be depressed even more by the sheer UGLINESS of your steed!

I think they make it this ugly so that the riders really can't wait to trade up to a R-series bike and do so ASAP.

I only care about what others think about my stuff when I agree with them. To be seen on that bike would be embarrasing to me. Plus the fact that it's bigger than my TwinStar, so people will actually be able to see the bike under me...
Old 09-03-2001, 06:29 AM   #116
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

Default I think you're overreacting...

this thing is no ugliER than dozens of Japanese motorcycles likewise aesthetically challenged. It's just that we are not accustomed to this particular level of ugliness from a European bike (though the current Triumph Tiger comes close, quite amazingly from a company that builds some of the prettiest bikes available at any sane price). FWIW the CX500 was brought out in several iterations and a couple of them were actually rather pleasant to look at as Japanese bikes go, so I'm not sure why you used it as an example. There are numerous Asian bikes in production today far uglier than the CX500 ever dreamed of being.
LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 03:43 AM   #117
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Default Re: My Cousin Bubba says. . .

Yes...

(it's a beemer - they're always porky)
Old 09-05-2001, 09:34 AM   #118
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Taste (and the lack thereof) know's no nationality.
Old 09-09-2001, 03:49 PM   #119
BigGit
Founding Member

Default Re: I think you

The Triumph Speed Triple (current version) USED to be the ugliest bike in production, but the F650CS now makes it look reasonable!

The CX500 was a solid, practical bike which was somewhat unusual. Form followed function with the CX500 as it did with the later PC800 Pacific Coast. The F650 is not "unusual" in the way a CX or a Pacific Coast was unusual. It is not even unusual in the way a R1150GS. It is UGLY and it does not HAVE to be ugly to work the way it does!

I sincerely hope the presence of this monstrosity will serve to draw attention to a REAL classic design, the MuZ Skorpion...
Old 09-09-2001, 04:00 PM   #120
BigGit
Founding Member

Default Re: I have taken another look at this monstrosity...

...and I realize that most of the hideousness of the bike rests in the "tank"/fairing unit.

Is there any way to deep-6 this unit an put a round headlight with a chrome housing on the front?

I'm not really a fan of full fairings, but if the headlight and instrument position are to stay then this bike SCREAMS for one!

MuZ Skorpion Tour or Traveller over this any day!