Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-16-2001, 10:46 AM   #11
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 Yamaha ATV feedback

Even though i will continue to do my dirt riding on 2 wheels until Im too old(my wife says that was 10 yeas ago)I would rather read about quads than luxury boxes at a race track(the word luxury disqualifies me from participation).Seriously, articles about quads,jetskis,even trucks to haul our toys are a welcome change occasionally.

NAS
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2001, 11:00 AM   #12
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

OOOOHH YEAH. Motard Madness. I got it bad.

MO: We need motards, dirt bike to street conversions, wheelies, arrests and more of the sort of stuff in that little thing about TTR125 parking lot racing.

I love that stuff, God help me I do.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 05:07 PM   #13
VFRfan
Founding Member

Drive all the ATVs you want, but that still won't erase the fact that the width of average ATVer's ass is directly proportional to the dimension of those big rear tires!

Seriously, it's difficult to rouse much ATV envy from a die hard motorcyclist. ATVs are far too mig, far too hearvy and far too complex. Even take a look at the eight foot wide swath of destruction ATV's make off road? Any off-road motorcycle rider worth his salt can take his machine farther than an ATV with far less damage to Mother Nature. The size of the newest machines is akin to a pint sized 4X4. Is there any wonder when these bulbous machines fall on their riders they are often seriously injured or killed?

The popularity of these machines just proves that the average IQ is not getting any better. Personally, I would rather see occasional features on mountain bicyclkes or pickup truck to haul motorcycles in than ATVs. Just promise you won;t trade those two wheels in for four!
VFRfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 08:29 PM   #14
hackfu
Founding Member

Sweet good mercy! Don't tempt him! I have to work with this guy on a daily basis! ack!
hackfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 08:36 AM   #15
dean
Founding Member

And your point is? Don't buy the new stuff because it's already been done?
dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 12:52 PM   #16
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Is there a cruiser version?? What about trucks???

Thanx Dude, I needed that one... Yeah what truck is best for loading and unloading along with hauling a 700lb piece of chrome? Can we get .25mile times for trucks with a harley in back. I know Ford just came out with the Harley addition, guess thats ment specially for hauling bikes around... **Still Laughing**
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 01:49 PM   #17
pplassm
Founding Member

Really. Unfortunately, in the general public's eye, ATVers and motorcyclists are the same devil. I want nothing to do with these rolling trail blocks and wish they never had been invented. Did you know that Honda sells more quads than motorcycles? The horror!

Pete P.

Old 08-18-2001, 02:58 PM   #18
VFRfan
Founding Member

What is truly unfortunate is that these things are marketed that "anyone can drive them". Most ATV riders in our area don't bother with helmets and when the 500 pound machine flips back and crushes their skulls, everyone is shocked. Go figure!
VFRfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 07:15 PM   #19
john
Founding Member

I got to ask you to clarify your statement. "Did you know that Honda sells more quads than motorcycles?"

Are you considering the Honda/Acura cars as quads? Are you taking into account all of the scooters that honda sells in europe and asia? Are you talking specifically about the northern America market? I am trying to imagine how this is true.
Old 08-19-2001, 04:23 AM   #20
salesman
Founding Member

I work for a Kawasaki/Polaris dealer in rural NC. This evidence is anecdotal and the fact that this is a rural county makes a difference I'm sure. Nevertheless we sell a doo-doo load more atvs than motorcycles. Also atvs sell all year with the biggest push coming september (hunting season) thru X-mas whilst MC sales are basically a springtime phenomenon. Dirt bikes sell when atvs do but we don't sell nearly as many.

Charles

The Howard Cosell of Motorcycling
salesman is offline   Reply With Quote