Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-09-2001, 10:00 AM   #41
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati Monster S4 Reader Feedback

Yeah, besides how many Ducatis do you see taking any sort of long trip, or ride regularly. I like many people have a bike to ride, not look at, show off, or spend all day polishing. Besides, when it comes to maintenance costs on all these exotic bikes you get another dose of sticker shock. Wait, maybe that's why their owners don't rack up the miles.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2001, 10:18 AM   #42
tbuse
Founding Member

Default Re: If seriously looking...

Amen. I just picked up a 2000 Speed Triple with 1800 miles on it for under $7,500.00. A great bike, with distinctive looks, excellant performance & a unique sound.
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 10:23 AM   #43
tbuse
Founding Member

Oh yeah! Everyone's done the FZ1, Kawasaki, Bandit comparo to death. (I've seen it in no less than four mags.) A Buell X1, a Triumph Speed Triple, a Ducati S4 and maybe one or two more would make for a really interesting (and fun) test. I'll gladly volunteer to help out. Pleeeese!
Old 08-09-2001, 10:24 AM   #44
tbuse
Founding Member

Oh yeah, forgot. Add a Moto Guzzi V-11 Naked.
Old 08-09-2001, 10:28 AM   #45
ngall
Founding Member

Yes, those triples have quite a bark. I heard a Daytona with loud pipes. Makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Hmmmm.... Decisions, decisions. Oh, what a wonderful motorcycling world this is.
ngall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 10:34 AM   #46
ngall
Founding Member

Default Re: about ugly ZRX

Rode a ZRX, and it's got bigguns. Torque all over the place. Kinda hard to drag knees, but it's still loads of fun and mighty quick. Plus, everyone thinks it's an old bike, so the fuzz doesn't pay much attention to it. Also, that makes it kind of a sleeper. But, like you said, I'd like to have a little less weight.
Old 08-09-2001, 10:48 AM   #47
ngall
Founding Member

True. I've seen some pretty dope SV650's
Old 08-09-2001, 10:50 AM   #48
ngall
Founding Member

What's the reliability on these Euro bikes anyways? I ride daily, so I want something that's going to get me where I want to go every time.
Old 08-09-2001, 11:00 AM   #49
shaver
Founding Member

Ok, you asked for it! What happened to M.O. getting a Kymco scooter?
shaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 12:44 PM   #50
Rafi
Registered Member

Default Re: about ugly ZRX

I think the plainness of the ZRX is its downfall for many riders. I don't see too many on the road, whereas I see plenty Gixxers, etc. Must be the squid factor in NorCal!!

I understand where you're coming from, of course. A '63 Stingray would do quite nicely! Then again, I still think the '86 GSX-R750 and the late 80's Honda NSR250s look pretty current by today's standards. I had an '84 Yamaha XJ650 Seca, which looked great after I cleaned it up a bit. So, I'm not necessarily against bikes like the ZRX or any other standards, for that matter. I even considered one after hearing about the abundant torque, etc. Something about the styling is lost on me, though, and I re-iterate that this is probably due to the fact that I am too young to remember Lawson and others racing similar-looking machinery. I remember Tom Cruise in Top Gun and the sporbike-riding adversaries in Karate Kid, however.

But I do appreciate the occasional cafe-racer and vintage bikes of that sort. Oh, and mini skirts? Yeah, I saw an Old Navy commercial on TV and noticed they were back with a vengeance. I guess retro isn't so bad after all? heh heh
Rafi is offline   Reply With Quote