Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-08-2001, 09:14 PM   #11
boxjoint
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati Monster S4 Reader Feedback

The monster series of bikes is what attracted me towards standards since they came out. I had (as my first street bike) a 93' bandit 400 which took some styling cues from the monster. I do feel however that buying a Ducati is similar in many respects to buying a harley. With a Ducati you get distinct styling, exclusivity, and resale value. Ducatis are not the most practical, affordable or even powerful street bikes out there however, they come as one neat little package that have to be fun to ride. I personally am a cheap SOB so I don't think that owning one is possible in the near future but I enjoy looking at them!

By the way, I just picked up a 01' ZRX1200 for 7300.00 out the door and love this bike!! If any of you are considering the Z-Rex and have questions please feel free to E-Mail me.
boxjoint is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2001, 03:21 AM   #12
cbusa
Founding Member

The Bandit 400 was a fun bike. Ducati must have thought so too. The Bandit pre dates the Monster line.
cbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 03:53 AM   #13
MoMo
Founding Member

just get a SV-650 and spend the money you saved on all kinds of performance goodies.
MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 04:46 AM   #14
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

A story that has nothing to do with scooters! Like, yeah!

Recent conversation at the Ducati shop in Ithaca (gratuitous plug: Progressive Powersports, www.pro-power.com, a truly great place) centered around the likelihood of a 916-motor SS, which would undoubtedly be (as scooter-rider Martha Stewart would say) a Good Thing. Ducati's increasingly steep pricing structure makes me wonder if it would be worth it, though.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 05:02 AM   #15
ducati
Registered Member

Sounds like a 916! MMMMN... I'm counting the days until one shows up at my door
ducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 05:04 AM   #16
ducati
Registered Member

3rd gear twisties are what Monsters live for. I have the little M750, and there's just about nothing I'd rather ride in 50-80mph bends.. It's just so satisfying to ride the torque curve and take advantage of the nimble handling.

I'm seriously considering swapping for the S4 to get the adjustable suspension, 6-speed box, better ground clearance, and of course that lovely engine..
ducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 06:15 AM   #17
trontech
Founding Member

Default Re: 13k is just too expensive...!!!!!!

Someone has to tell this italian morons to stop making overpriced,glorified,crap.
trontech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 06:18 AM   #18
trontech
Founding Member

Default Re: honda needs that raptor in the u.s.

i dont think theyll be the only manufacturer not to jump in the naked bike frenzy.

Its a great looking bike
Old 08-09-2001, 06:20 AM   #19
tas7107
Founding Member

I have drooled over Ducatis especially the Monster ever since I've been old enough to know better. Unfortunately as I've grown and my income has risen to a point where I can afford one, Ducati has seen fit to keep their prices just beyond my reach. Is this corporate masochistic torture or what. Guess I'll keep visiting my Honda dealer and buy substance over class.
tas7107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 06:23 AM   #20
trontech
Founding Member

Default Re: about blowing by squids....

for that money you couldve gotten the kawi zrx 1200.