Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-12-2001, 02:38 PM   #81
esthermofet
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Reflex reader Feedback

I know it's a bit late, but if you're really interested in Italjets, Sportique Scooters in Denver, CO (www.sportiquescooters.com) just received an Italjet Formula 125 on consignment. I believe it's going for about $2800. I test-rode it the other day, but I gotta warn you: Although the power is great for a twin-cylinder, two-stroke (I had it up to about 75mph in a about 1-1/2 blocks), the cornering totally sucks ass. I did some slalom stuff, and gave up after about three turns. If you're the kind of guy who likes straight-line stuff--this is the one. If you like to do other things, like, for example, TURN, forget it--I felt like a first-time rider on a GL1500 (actually the GL1500's handle better).
esthermofet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2001, 09:48 AM   #82
blazer1993
Founding Member

Hi! I just wanted to thank you for the positive feedback you have given the reflex. I just recently put a deposit down on a reflex for my dad (his 60th birthday). He is now riding a 87 honda Elite, and it is being held together with duct tape! HA!HA! He loves mopeds and the freedom they give you. I have been researching these and think it would fit him fine, for where he drives. The more I read the more I worry if I made the right decision. My husband read everything on it and he said that it would be fine for him, so I guess we will see! Thanks again for being positive about mopeds. I just want to add to alot of other people that, Motorcycles are nice to (we just bought one), but some people don't or can't use the foot clutch. Like my father has problems with his knees! And for myself, I can drive a motorcycle, but I am more comfortable on a moped without a foot clutch! Thanks again!
blazer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 05:20 PM   #83
Blazer
Founding Member

I was looking at purchasing one for my wife. She refuses to learn to shift and likes to ride our 50 cc Honda Elite. What is a comfortable top speed for the Reflex. The review gives the impression that it's a backbreaker and over revs at highway speeds of 70+. I was wondering how it feels at 55 MPH?
Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 03:50 AM   #84
tubascooternuke
Registered Member

I had decided to buy a Reflex when I sold my 1991 Dodge Stealth last October, but when I checked the website, they were introducing the Silver Wing. I put down a deposit in November and received the bike Feb. 28, 2002. So far I love it! 582 cc are enough to push this old fat guy >90 mph pretty quickly. I've only got about 100 miles on the odometer but I think this bike should last well into my retirement (planned in about 7 years).
Old 01-01-2003, 08:10 AM   #85
joanj
Founding Member

I am currently riding a Rebel 250 and would love to have a chance to try out these scooters are are very MC like. The Reflex, The Silverwing and the Aprill.

The problem is I don't know where you can try these scooters. How would you know if you liked it. I wouldn't purchase an auto without testing it.

I would buy one if I could try it and liked how it handled. Joan
joanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #86
jsimpson
Founding Member

Default Re: People who buy scooters eventually buy motorcycles

GOB, I'll bet you didn't get scorned when your Riva 180 beat those big bikes, trafic light to traffic light!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:34 PM   #87
jsimpson
Founding Member

I just bought a low-mileage Riva 180 for $260. I'll settle for the 180....
Old 04-19-2007, 07:36 PM   #88
jsimpson
Founding Member

When you get older, you'll migrate to trikes or scooters. I'll take a scooter any day over a trike. By the way, I see an awful lot of dorks riding crotch rockets as a mask of masculinity.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:42 PM   #89
jsimpson
Founding Member

Ever since my wife had her first ride in the throne of a Gold Wing, she's never been happy with anything else. Well, I'm too old for the Wing (and can't afford the training wheels!), so she'll have to settle for the back seat of my Riva 180. And no, I could care less what anyone younger than 65 thinks of my scoot!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:51 PM   #90
jsimpson
Founding Member

Default Re: you cant be serious

One of the chopper dealer's in Ft. Lauderdale had Harley Sportser-powered scooters ten or fifteen years ago. They were about ten grand and didn't sell, for a whole bunch of obvious reasons They would be quite a collector item now and a real eyecatcher at scooter meets. They didn't CALL them scooters, but they had a footwell and automatic tranny, so if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.... by the way, a Buell Blast rider calling something ugly, well....