Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-26-2001, 05:23 PM   #71
MaxiScooter
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Reflex reader Feedback

The Reflex is certainly not for everyone. For me I like it alot. Handles well both in the city and on the highway. My experience in the 2000+ miles I've put on this big Honda scooter is that at 65 to 75 mile per hour, it is below redline and gets around 65 mpg. Couple that with the 3.2 gallon tank and I cruise about 180 miles before I start looking for a filling station.

I do wish it was a bit quicker from zero to 60, but it does keep pace or best most cars. A Corvette, perhaps not.

- Adam D. -
MaxiScooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2001, 07:34 PM   #72
silverwitch
Founding Member

Just bought a Reflex. Wasn't easy though. Not many around, but I love driving it. For a 250, it's very quick and had NO problem keeping up with traffic. Mine has gotten quite a few looks, and it's a wiz to drive. I'm getting about 68 miles to a gallon. The automatic is great!
silverwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 07:32 AM   #73
ccrispel
Founding Member

The write up on the Reflex was outstanding. The one thing that I would appreciate is a 4th gear position so that I don't burn the engine out traveling at 78 miles per hour. I would use this vehicle for long distence travel and would appreciate that extra gear to increase fuel economy and to hold the noise down at high speeds. Hope you send this to HONDA.
Old 09-09-2001, 06:07 PM   #74
rapidtransit
Founding Member

I bought my Reflex in June and have rolled up 2000 miles on her since then. It's my first bike since I was in college. I'm 58 years old and was more interested in something fun and efficient than something that would assert my manhood. What I got, I think, is something more than I expected. It's a fun machine, but it's also pretty peppy, very safe, and even more fuel efficient than the reports. I get about 70 mpg at average speeds of 50 to 60 mph. After having taken Pennsylvania's very excellent Motorcycle Safety Course, I am very impressed at the balance and stability of the Reflex. It gives me a much better sense of stability and security than I ever felt from riding the standard road bikes which were provided to us during the safety course. As an added bonus, the bike attracts a lot of attention from folks who often stop me to ask questions about it. So far, I'm totally pleased with the purchase, and would recommend it to anyone who wants to combine fun with sporty performance. / Ed LaDrew
rapidtransit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 09:49 PM   #75
FJSRiDER
Founding Member

I live in the UK and have just bought a FJS600 Silver Wing. A really fantastic scooter.

'We found the seat to be comfortable enough that one of our testers even rode it down to San Diego with only one problem -- lower back pain.Â’ Sit up - didn't you mother tell you that? Alternatively get a seat back on the bike.

Never seen a bike with a seat back? Look here.

http://www.hightech.clara.net/

http://www.soft.net.uk/savage/quasar/

Now that what I REALLY want!

FJSRiDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 09:54 PM   #76
FJSRiDER
Founding Member

It is a parallel twin - fuel injected and 50hp.

Mine hits a (GPS corrected) 112mph.

Available in Japan and Europe, costs about as much as a CBR 600. But I love it.

FJSRiDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 06:04 AM   #77
seekerhiker
Founding Member

I love the Scooter and would love to buy one here in the states! I hope I can scrape a few $$$$ up for the January release! Can someone let me know what the deal is with features? Does it have a stereo (stock or option), adjustable windshield, heated seat/handgrips, trunk (other than under the seat)?
seekerhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 04:48 AM   #78
elranchero
Registered Member

re: overnight

hey - who ever thought americans would develop a taste for espresso coffee and sushi?!!

never say never : )
elranchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 04:51 AM   #79
elranchero
Registered Member

when I was in Italy a few years ago I was surprised to see how many gals ride to work in their fine clothes on scooters. I thought that was cool! When the bikes pull away from the stoplights in rome it sounds like a hive of hornets was let loose!
Old 10-12-2001, 05:02 AM   #80
elranchero
Registered Member

Default Re: Scooters R GR8!!

I agree. I wonder how scooters have gotten such a bad rap? Jetskis are cool for the water and bigger speed boats are also cool!