Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-06-2001, 11:39 AM   #61
SCOOTERBOY1
Founding Member

Default Re: People who buy scooters eventually buy motorcycles

Sorry to buck your theory ... I've owned motorcycles for over 20 years and just got into scooters in the past 5 years. I love riding each and would never trade the speed and power of a motorcycle for the zippy, mindless, zorrie riding fun factor of a scooter. Ride on!
SCOOTERBOY1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2001, 01:54 PM   #62
ngall
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Reflex reader Feedback

Well, I know someone with one of those Italian Laforza SUV's so I know why Honda doesn't use the Forza name in the US. Everyone teases him about the truck's name. And if you use your imagination, you can figure out why. Harder to make up an amuzing nick name for the Reflex.
ngall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 01:36 AM   #63
silverwitch
Founding Member

Explain to me WHY everyone must putdown scooters?? I bought a reflex because: I HATE SHIFTING, I DON'T WANT A HEAVY BIKE THAT EVERYONE ELSE OWNS. I WANT IT FOR RECREATIONAL RIDING. If you like a Harley or other bike, great! Ride it!, but don't put down someone else's right to choice! The Reflex is fun, easy to ride, and yes,....it keeps up fine with 75 MPH traffic. And best yet, it's built by the best company in the world. HONDA.
silverwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 01:42 AM   #64
silverwitch
Founding Member

Me.
Old 08-09-2001, 01:49 AM   #65
silverwitch
Founding Member

Default Re: for Suckers

You obviously know very little about the real world. Most guys are obsessed with going fast, on a macho bike. It helps their ego. Mine's fine thanks, and I don't need a macho bike to have fun or prove anything. I'm a man and I know it. As for being "Butt Ugly," That's your opinion. The bike is very nicely styled, so stick to what you know,....whatever that is.
Old 08-09-2001, 01:57 AM   #66
silverwitch
Founding Member

Finally, someone with some brains! Congratulations on your remark. Two-wheelers in america have not been widely accepted because most people either can't drive a clutch or don't WANT to. Bikes like the Reflex will introduce people to riding. I have to shift my car,...I want to enjoy the bike and not have to shift constantly. I've owned a Reflex for 2 months now, and its a riot! I love it. It suits my needs perfectly. It's quiet, non-macho, stylish, quick, and.......AUTOMATIC.
Old 08-17-2001, 07:49 PM   #67
griff1965
Founding Member

It looks rather good, and seems to have some peep, but what about the Gas Mileage. 48mpg, that's all??? My 600 SB get's 45mpg going 100. I think you guys had the throttle wide open. Try the "real world" cruising speed of 65MPH, and I'll bet it get's at least 60MPG. Besides, isn't that the cruising speed of the old geesers that'll be buying these things.
griff1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 07:14 AM   #68
RadianPaul
Founding Member

Default Re: it goes for $5,400 but you can buy an sv-650 for that

You're probably right, but you could probably save a TON on insurance. "Hmm, I see you have a couple of speeding tickets.... But on a scooter, you're harmless"
RadianPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 05:50 PM   #69
Reflexologist
Founding Member

The Reflex is quite cool for a scooter. Just as good as the Honda Rebel though lacking in the cost area.

I am presently looking at buying one myself. In fact that is how I found the MO.

Honesly, I think people attracted to the 250cc scooters and above started off on mopeds or scooters v.s a motorcycle.

I am a old moped fanatic and love automatic transmission motorcycles and scooters. The bigger the better.

In Japan Honda sells a 550cc version of the reflex for about $7,000 to $8,000. Honda USA needs to import those and their sales would go up big time.

As it stands however most Honda Dealers don't carry the Helix or Reflex. Only the stink 40cc and 50cc scooters.

Personally, I want a reflex to commute to school and work and as a back up vehicle to my Dodge Truck. I was looking at the Honda Rebel for $3,000 which is a bargin, but I like the style, storage space and driving angle of the Reflex better. But at $5000 to $6000 it's a bit pricey and reminds me of the Yuppies I knew back in the 80's when the original 150cc model came out. Only the rich spoiled people had them.

Motorcycles are great for high enegry hormone pumping lads, but the reflex is simply for a more mellow crowd and a bit more refined and sophisticated.
Reflexologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 07:33 PM   #70
profks
Founding Member

I have owned a Honda Reflex since late March. My fuel consumption has averaged between 69 and 75 mpg. This has been in line with that recorded by two of my buddies who also own Reflexes. I think the reported mileage figures are due to the high average speed (78 mph) noted in the MO review. In fact, at that speed, the bike is indeed at or near redline. However, who needs to cruise up at those speeds. In my state that would be an invitation for a book of tickets from our law enforcement friends.

I think that the report does not fairly represent the bike's capabilities. At reasonable highway speeds (60-70 mph), the bike is quite comfortable and fuel consumption is much lower.

The price is somewhat high - however, it offers wind protection second only to large tourers such as the Goldwing.

I just thought that I should add some real world experience on the bike to supplement the rather unrealistic test speed reported by the MO staff.
profks is offline   Reply With Quote