Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-01-2001, 01:32 PM   #51
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Reflex reader Feedback

Would that be a 464.5 cc parallel twin?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2001, 01:37 PM   #52
girardmi
Founding Member

$5400!!! I got my F4i for $6000 with only 1200 miles on it. I do want that integrated tail section on my F4i though. I get 42 mpg. I go about 160mi before the reserve gauge comes on. I can really scoot around traffic.
girardmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 05:34 PM   #53
TheFox
Founding Member

Default AMEN!

I second all those! Hope some manufacturer is listening...

The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2001, 10:53 AM   #54
Coach
Founding Member

Default Remember the Cub?

Actually, I think they are leading the movement. Recall that Honda started out with 'cute' little cycles like the Cub 50 to draw in the people that might never have considered a motorcycle. Scooters are another way of doing this. A lot of people on this board are about the price and which other 'real' bike you could get for the same money. But I think Honda is targeting people who might be interested in 2 wheels (for fun or practical reasons) but aren't interested in the committment a 'real' bike entails. Therefore, for such people, the price vs. other bikes is less relevant.

Over here in Europe these things are all the rage - everyone from teens to guys in suits are on them. Kids can get a license for a scooter at 15 and many move up to 125cc in a year or 2. Which gets them firmly in the 2 wheel camp later (hopefully). The licensing is different in the US but maybe this is the strategy.

BTW, you are dead-on in the critique of the CB line - yawning gap between 250 and 750, and both are getting long in the tooth.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2001, 06:07 PM   #55
wasp
Founding Member

Chester, did you know right now in the UK you can buy a Yamaha 500 TMax scooter that does over 100mph? I ride an '80 Guzzi Convert (automatic) & it's my favorite of my 6 bikes. But if I could get a scooter with enough power (TMax) to actually ride long distances safely, I'd seriously consider that. I like the better seats that ALL scooters seem to have, & the weather protection & built in storage. As I get older, I lean towards lighter bikes, like a scooter is. With the larger wheels on them I figure they're a lot safer than they used to be. Hell, that crazy guy rode the whole Iron Butt a few years ago on a Honda Reflex ! wasp in Yuba City, Calif.
wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 11:00 AM   #56
MotorcycleMan
Founding Member

>Great, MO has brought us YASA (Yet Another

>Scooter Article) instead of the results of this

>weekend's AMA Superbike & Supersport races.

Motorcycle.com has _lots_ of racing articles - so it's bloody well about time they started writing about practical bikes and riding then just sitting back and watch racers ride in circles.

Old 08-03-2001, 11:01 AM   #57
MotorcycleMan
Founding Member

Your Magna is five years old. How much is a 2001 Magna?

Old 08-04-2001, 01:43 PM   #58
rvfrules
Founding Member

Here in Japan, the same scooter is called the Forza. I'd like to know what marketing genius decided the name "Forza" wouldn't cut it in the US market. Who the heck would want to ride something called the Reflex?
rvfrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2001, 08:46 AM   #59
shdrdr
Registered Member

You can always read race results in a newspaper.
shdrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 10:28 AM   #60
SCOOTERBOY1
Founding Member

Default Re: Scooters making a comeback?

I've owned motorcycles for about 20 years and love the freedom of cruising down the open road and coming one with my bike. Commuting is a different story. I live in the City of Richmond and drive about 10 miles on scondary roads to the bland business burbs. Going solo is a waste of commuter space and energy. I think scooters fill a valuable niche in the US market and perhaps higher gas prices may slowly change the minds of a few. I currently own a Virago 750, a classic '64 Lambretta Li150 and a Honda Aero 80. I hope to replace the 80 with either a Vespa ET4 150cc or Reflex next spring. A bike for every reason and a reason for every bike, baby!
SCOOTERBOY1 is offline   Reply With Quote