Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-31-2001, 06:20 PM   #41
lampell
Registered Member

Default Re: Honda Reflex reader Feedback

Someone got the mileage figures wrong. My Reflex gets 70mpg not 45 and the range on the 3 gallon tank is about 200 miles. And no I dont like it enough to sell my 7 motorcycles
lampell is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2001, 06:22 PM   #42
lampell
Registered Member

The price may be high vis motorcycles but that hasnt stopped HOnda from selling every Reflex that was sent to the U.S. ie 2500 of them. The scooter has been out since March. The review is a bit late.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:25 PM   #43
lampell
Registered Member

I agree with you. I own 7 bikes and 2 scooters. People dont realize that you can have a blast with sport scooters at legal speeds. The 180 Dragster does 100mph. Doesnt sound like a lot but on a scooter you will get quite a bang at 100mph. Sorta the feeling you get on a Duke at 100mph
Old 08-01-2001, 06:42 AM   #44
Chester
Founding Member

Default Re: you cant be serious

no sh1t? duh, i was just playing, but why isnt it possible? if someone was so inclined, it could be done.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 09:46 AM   #45
Sparkytoo
Registered Member

Deadeye, when was the last time you had to pull the clutch 350 times to go a couple miles in city traffic like I did last week? After 35 years of riding, my body can't manage that anymore, so I'm in the market for something automatic, narrow, light and peppy. Seems to me that the Reflex may be just the ticket.

If this makes me a "Lamer Dork", so be it! In my opinion, anyone who is interested in 2 wheel motor powered transportation is a legitimate, valuable reader of Motorcycle Online. I'm sorry you don't have a broader world view on the subject.

Sure, it would be nice if it cost less, but Honda is still sold out until this fall anyway, so I have to wait.
Sparkytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 11:01 AM   #46
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

Well-Considered Disparaging Comments Dept.:

1. It's insanely overpriced.

2. It looks like a baby Aprilia Futura, which doesn't strike me as a good thing.

3. Blah engine performance, from power to fuel consumption.

4. It bothers me that Honda is putting this kind of effort behind an obese scooter while totally ignoring the parallel but more significant need for a good small-to-medium middle of the road motorcycle. It's all but a crime that the CB500 isn't available here, that the CB-1 wasn't marketed correctly, that the CB750 has stood stock-still for over ten (!) years, and that the CB250 is as utterly pathetic as it is. America needs more good basic bikes to help beat back the stupid stereotypes and validate the sport on a broader scale, and for God's sake, Honda should be the leader of that movement, just like they were on the '60s.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 11:41 AM   #47
Troll
Founding Member

Default Scooters R GR8!!

For congested city driving I have been using my Honda Helix since 1994 rather than using my motorcycles.

I presently own a GSX1300R(Hayabusa) and RC51 to satisfy my motorcycle cravings.

As far as practical city driving in bumper 2 bumper where parking is scarce, I could use my Haybusa or RC51...but have found my Helix much more practical.

I trade my motorcycles in on almost a yearly basis and while I've had my Helix since '94...I have gone through 2 Goldwings, 1 Harley Road King and a Valkyrie before purchasing my Hayabusa and RC51.

For a person owning only 1 motorcycle I understand how it can be a blow to ones ego having a scooter-LOL...but who the hell cares what others think you ride!!

As for the Honda Reflex article I would like to see more practical information. What is the top speed of the Reflex, Quarter mile time, how it handles on the track at Willow Springs, scooter comparison, horsepower at the crank and rear wheel etc., etc.J/K I did read MO article on the Helix which was much more informative and covered some of the topics above.

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mchonda/helix.html

I'll keep trading in motorcycles for the latest and greatest, but I'm keeping my Helix as long as possible. If the Helix dies, it will be replaced by the Reflex
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 11:48 AM   #48
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

When I visited Rome last year, I saw lots of scooters. The really happenin' ones were the big Suzuki Burgman 400's. I even saw a couple on the Autostrada. And this year, Honda introduced the Silver Wing scooter, which I believe is a 600. Forget this 250 stuff; if Honda wants to expand the scooter market in the US, it should make a scooter with half of a CBR 929 engine. It's not like gas mileage would suffer. And all it would take to silence the doubters is one good rolling burnout.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 11:51 AM   #49
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Default How about a Hayabusa powered scooter?

If you're going to go too far, you might as well go all the way.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 01:28 PM   #50
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: Good for someone close to you

I've never seen a spouse with a fuel cell and G.P.S... How odd.