Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-30-2001, 06:00 AM   #21
Henrik
Founding Member

Default Re: Into the Alps, Reader Feedback

Hey Alpinepass,

That road to St Cergue is my "long" way home from work. I ride from Geneva to Gland, so either I turn up by Nyon to St Cergue and then down to Gland, or it is up the Col de la Faucille, past St Cergue and then home.

That road to St Cergue is nice, just gets a bit too crowded on weekends.

Regards,

Henrik
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2001, 06:12 AM   #22
Henrik
Founding Member

Salut Philippe!

Giving you the "v" sign as is customery around here.

Et oui, I have a preference for the Petit Suisse roads, mostly because due to their meticulous nature, the Swiss tend to have a better road maintenance. After coming down from the Col des Montets, cross the Rhone valley, and head up the other side towards Gruyere. On the way you'll have trouble believing some of those roads and the views. Then, maybe stop for a meal, and have some merengue with double creme de gruyere for desert!

That said, take some roads up from Annecy, say towards La Clusaz, and you are in biker heaven. The great thing is that these roads are everywhere here. Haute Savoie and Savoie is all great too, you just need to be a little bit more careful with the road conditions.

Wednesday August 1st is the Swiss national holiday, so guess what I'll be doing!!

Regards,

Henrik
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:37 AM   #23
kitlloyd2
Founding Member

Yossef,

As always, a story of high standard ... Hope you can help, I have just moved to Switzerland from Australia and being somewhat limited in my German, am finding it pretty difficult to discover the good riding routes ... do you have a map of your journey ? or alternately, can you point me in the right direction for some English bike routes in Switzerland.

Finally .. I a msorely tempted to trade my SV650 in on a 749s .... what do you think of a sport bike in the alps ?
kitlloyd2 is offline   Reply With Quote