Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-14-2001, 05:49 PM   #41
BuellBoy
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Buell XB9R Firebolt

Legacy-free? Gotta disagree there. If it had the V-Rod engine I'd agree, but that engine is just a de-stroked Sportster motor with a different transmission and intake system. It's still going to have the same problems as all of the XL-series engines (oil-blow by, vibration, heat, etc.). I can't believe Harley is WASTING the Revolution engine in a &^%#ing CRUISER instead of putting it in a bike that could REALLY show off it's capabilities!
BuellBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2001, 05:53 PM   #42
BuellBoy
Founding Member

Default Re: I pass them all the time...

There are "Experienced Riders" and there are "Experienced Riders." Someone could ride for twenty years without any proper training. Definitely NOT a beginning rider, but not a well-trained rider either! I've seen guys with just a few years experience DUST guys who've been riding four times longer. Why? Because they took the time to learn how to ride PROPERLY.

The best "Go-Fast" money is spent NOT on the bike, but on the rider. It's not WHAT you ride, it's HOW you ride.
BuellBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 07:58 PM   #43
DrDeath
Founding Member

I thought we were talking bikes not riders! I did not say I rode a GSX1000R. I did not say I was a better rider than you, although I would not be afraid to challenge you. I do not ride straight line, I live in the hill country. the first 3 miles from my home has probably 25 to 30 curves. Most of the roads are posted 35 mph. NO that does not mean I am a good rider....right? Right! I still think the GSXR1000 is a better bike for the twisties. Man check the lap times at Daytona last year. I don't think the Buells were faster. I might be wrong though.
DrDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 08:06 PM   #44
DrDeath
Founding Member

Default Re: Not all the parts are cheap...

According to some of the posters the new Buell handles so well there is no danger of crashing! That is why the bike is made that way cause it will never come in contact with the ground.
Old 07-14-2001, 08:09 PM   #45
granny
Founding Member

Default Re: Neither weird NOR lacking in some respects...

The character of any bike is defined by it's quirks and flaws. I think that the very best aspect of the Asian bikes (Japanese now but Chinese bikes soon) is exactly that they are sterile and character free. Riding, like swimming, is a human activity. The bike is to the rider as water is to the swimmer in that it is the means by which the activity take place. Wanting sensory appeal from the bike is like wanting sensory appeal from the water. The best that the bike and the water can do is to be transparent to the activity. Bikes with soul are like dirty water.
granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 08:18 PM   #46
TeamProBono
Founding Member

Default Re: "Hill Country???" I pass them all the time...

Well, in Northern California, 3 miles of road with 25 to 30 "curves" would be considered a straight...
TeamProBono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 08:18 PM   #47
TheFox
Founding Member

Default OF COURSE we want sensory appeal from water!

What about all those people who want to swin in the Caribbean, or the hot sprigns in Iceland? Should they just go to the public pool cuz it's just the same?

Swimming in an ocean, a large lake, a small lake, a pond, a spring, a river, a stream, and a pool are all TOTALLY different expierences.

I'll take a dip in spring water over a pool in a guy's yard any day.

The Fox - Touche.

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 08:20 PM   #48
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Please forgive me...

...for typing "cuz". I have no idea why I did that.

The Fox

Old 07-14-2001, 08:25 PM   #49
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Buell has had oil in the Blast's freame for a year...

Buell already puts oil in the frame of the Blast...I don't believe that they have had any recalls on it.

The Fox

Old 07-14-2001, 08:36 PM   #50
DrDeath
Founding Member

Mat Mladin 750 Suzuki 1:48:425

Nicky Hayden 1000 Honda 1:48:765

NIcky Haydne 600 Honda 1:53:675

Same rider same track.... smaller bike faster?

Couldn't find any Buell lap times.